Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read command acting erratically Post 302910301 by Corona688 on Wednesday 23rd of July 2014 12:53:01 PM
Old 07-23-2014
It has to, to avoid deadlocks. Which runs first, the echo or the read? Will either of them hang, waiting for the other? Make them independent and it doesn't matter.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp application behaving erratically

Hi, I am working on a custom made FTP application. The application is behaving erratically for the "ls" command. Wild card character passed to the "ls" command (like "ls *temp") is giving inconsistent results. On debuggin I have found that the "ls" command is implemented as shown below in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diganta
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why for loop is acting weird

Hey i have a small script in which i check if a file with that pattern exists or not. If present then i go ahead with further processing. In the present situation i have only one file with that name and for loop is reading twice. Here is the script. And the output of debug mode. Please help.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Passwd Changing Acting Strange

Hello. I'm getting very odd behavior when I try to change a user's password in Solaris 8. The shell, where it used to ask for a new passwd and a confirmation, now asks FOUR times, with two success message. This is what happens every time: # passwd myusername New Password: xxxxxxxx New... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockusa
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in loop is acting up

Hello! I have a question about loops and arrays. I'm trying to go through this: for aa in 01 02 03 OrigNum=$(grep ${Orig} Ba3In2F12.prepos | wc -l) OrigNum=$((${OrigNum} - 1)) echo ${OrigNum} etc It gets stuck on the second line. The error reads: ./asdf: line 30:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RisingSun
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash-function with array acting bizarre, bug?

Hello, basically what this script is supposed to do is showing a list of hosts that is given a number, that you will be able to choose from a list. A check is made to verify that the chosen number is within the array and this is where things go bad and I don't know why, bizarre. I've spent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gand
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script acting weird..

Hi Guys, I have this script which is being called from another script, sh +x SCRIPTNAME. Now this script is failing saying the source file is missing. But i was able to see the source file was present. It was renamed and but somehow the source file is removed. There is no remove command in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Firefox35 displays pngs erratically

I have been using firefox3.5 now for some months and noticed that some images, notably in the png format, do not display correctly: the images are not displayed at all or display in part whereby the rest of the image shows a black rectangle. Does anybody else suffer from this problem? Desktop:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

DHCP server also acting as relay

Hi. I want to use the DHCP server that comes with vxWorks 6.4. The DHCP server implementation has a table that contains addresses of DHCP servers that will receive a copy of all the client requests that the local server gets, thus the server acts as a dhcp relay at the same time. Can anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomwolf
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Acting on results from a grep command

Hi, I am currently reading a tar file and searching for a particular word using grep e.g. Plane. At the moment, if a sentence is found with the word "Plane" the sentence itself is piped to another file. Here is the code i am using; for jar in 'cat jar_file.tar'; do tar -tvf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchie
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file and execute the read command

Hi, I am facing issues with the below: I have a lookup file say lookup.lkp.This lookup.lkp file contains strings delimited by comma(,). Now i want to read this command from file and execute it. So my code below is : Contents in the lookup.lkp file is : c_e,m,a,`cd $BOX | ls cef_*|tail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
7 Replies
WKHTMLTOPDF(1)						      General Commands Manual						    WKHTMLTOPDF(1)

Name
       wkhtmltopdf - html to pdf converter

Synopsis
	 wkhtmltopdf [OPTIONS]... <input file> [More input files] <output file>

Description
       Converts one or more HTML pages into a PDF document, not using wkhtmltopdf patched qt.

General Options
	   --allow <path>
	      Allow the file or files from the specified folder to be loaded (repeatable)
	   --collate
	      Collate when printing multiple copies
	   --cookie <name> <value>
	      Set an additional cookie (repeatable)
	   --cookie-jar <path>
	      Read and write cookies from and to the supplied cookie jar file
	   --copies <number>
	      Number of copies to print into the pdf file
	   --custom-header <name> <value>
	      Set an additional HTTP header (repeatable)
	   --debug-javascript
	      Show javascript debugging output
       -n, --disable-javascript
	      Do not allow web pages to run javascript
	   --disallow-local-file-access
	      Do not allowed conversion of a local file to read in other local files, unless explecitily allowed with --allow
       -d, --dpi <dpi>
	      Change the dpi explicitly (this has no effect on X11 based systems)
	   --enable-plugins
	      Enable installed plugins (such as flash
	   --encoding <encoding>
	      Set the default text encoding, for input
	   --extended-help
	      Display more extensive help, detailing less common command switches
       -g, --grayscale
	      PDF will be generated in grayscale
       -h, --help
	      Display help
	   --htmldoc
	      Output program html help
	   --ignore-load-errors
	      Ignore pages that claimes to have encountered an error during loading
       -l, --lowquality
	      Generates lower quality pdf/ps. Useful to shrink the result document space
	   --manpage
	      Output program man page
       -B, --margin-bottom <unitreal>
	      Set the page bottom margin (default 10mm)
       -L, --margin-left <unitreal>
	      Set the page left margin (default 10mm)
       -R, --margin-right <unitreal>
	      Set the page right margin (default 10mm)
       -T, --margin-top <unitreal>
	      Set the page top margin (default 10mm)
	   --minimum-font-size <int>
	      Minimum font size
	   --no-background
	      Do not print background
       -O, --orientation <orientation>
	      Set orientation to Landscape or Portrait
	   --page-height <unitreal>
	      Page height (default unit millimeter)
       -s, --page-size <size>
	      Set paper size to: A4, Letter, etc.
	   --page-width <unitreal>
	      Page width  (default unit millimeter)
	   --password <password>
	      HTTP Authentication password
	   --post <name> <value>
	      Add an additional post field (repeatable)
	   --post-file <name> <path>
	      Post an additional file (repeatable)
       -p, --proxy <proxy>
	      Use a proxy
       -q, --quiet
	      Be less verbose
	   --read-args-from-stdin
	      Read command line arguments from stdin
	   --readme
	      Output program readme
	   --redirect-delay <msec>
	      Wait some milliseconds for js-redirects
	   --stop-slow-scripts
	      Stop slow running javascripts
	   --title <text>
	      The title of the generated pdf file (The title of the first document is used if not specified)
	   --user-style-sheet <url>
	      Specify a user style sheet, to load with every page
	   --username <username>
	      HTTP Authentication username
       -V, --version
	      Output version information an exit
	   --zoom <float>
	      Use this zoom factor

Reduced Functionality
       This version of wkhtmltopdf has been compiled against a version of QT without the wkhtmltopdf patches. Therefore some features are missing,
       if you need these features please use the static version.

Currently the list of features only supported with patch QT includes:

* Printing more then one HTML document into a PDF file.
	* Running without an X11 server.
	* Adding a document outline to the PDF file.
	* Adding headers and footers to the PDF file.
	* Generating a table of contents.
	* Adding links in the generated PDF file.
	* Printing using the screen media-type.
	* Disabling the smart shrink feature of webkit.

Page sizes
       The default page size of the rendered document is A4, but using this --page-size optionthis can be changed to almost  anything  else,  such
       as: A3, Letter and Legal.  For a full list of supported pages sizes please see <http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qprinter.html#PageSize-enum>.

For a more fine grained control over the page size the --page-height and --page-width options may be used

Reading arguments from stdin
       If  you	need  to  convert  a  lot  of  pages  in  a batch, and you feel that wkhtmltopdf is a bit to slow to start up, then you should try
       --read-args-from-stdin,

When --read-args-from-stdin each line of input sent to wkhtmltopdf on stdin will act as a separate  invocation  of  wkhtmltopdf,  with  the
       arguments specified on the given line combined with the arguments given to wkhtmltopdf

For example one could do the following:

echo "http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qapplication.html qapplication.pdf" >> cmds
	 echo "--cover google.com http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(toolkit) qt.pdf" >> cmds
	 wkhtmltopdf --read-args-from-stdin --book < cmds

Page Breaking
       The  current  page  breaking algorithm of WebKit leaves much to be desired. Basically webkit will render everything into one long page, and
       then cut it up into pages. This means that if you have two columns of text where one is vertically shifted by half a line. Then webkit will
       cut a line into to pieces display the top half on one page. And the bottom half on another page. It will also break image in two and so on.
       If you are using the patched version of QT you can use the CSS page-break-inside property to remedy this somewhat. There is no  easy  solu-
       tion  to  this  problem, until this is solved try organising your HTML documents such that it contains many lines on which pages can be cut
       cleanly.

See   also:   <http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/issues/detail?id=9>,   <http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/issues/detail?id=33>   and
       <http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/issues/detail?id=57>.

Contact
       If  you	experience  bugs  or want to request new features please visit <http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/issues/list>, if you have any
       problems or comments please feel free to contact me: see <http://www.madalgo.au.dk/~jakobt/#about>

Authors
       Written by Jakob Truelsen. Patches by Mario Silva, Benoit Garret and Emmanuel Bouthenot.

2009 February 23						    WKHTMLTOPDF(1)