Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Force routing between three hosts Post 302910253 by mcanonic on Wednesday 23rd of July 2014 09:39:08 AM
Old 07-23-2014
HI,
thanks for your answer.
I'm not sure if I get your hint.

Did you suggest me to use DNAT on VM1 and VM3?

In particular, you suggest me to do this on VM1:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -j DNAT --to <IP_VM2>

Is it right?

Just to be sure, what I want is to send a packet from VM1 to VM3, but this packet
have to pass through VM2.

Should I do something in VM2,like enable IP forwarding?

Sorry for these (maybe) newbie question.

Thanks,
M

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hosts.allow & hosts.deny

Hi! Im trying to use host.allow & host.deny to resrtic access to my sun machine, but it doesnt seem to work... I want to allow full access from certain IPīs (ssh,http,ftp,etc...) but deny all kind of conections from outsideworld, the way that im doing that is: hosts.allow ALL:127.0.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorrento
2 Replies

2. Linux

Is there any way to unload *.so by force?

In linux, dlclose can unload the dynamic linked library when the reference count decreases to zero. My questions is: Is there any way to unload the *.so without caring the reference count? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.allow and hosts.deny

Hello everyone, This is my first posts and I did search for a questions but did not find a question that answered my question unless of course I overlooked it. I'm running Solaris 8. I use ssh for the users but I have a user called "chatterbox" that uses telnet but I need for chatterbox to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huddlestonsnk
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to force umount

sorry, wrong section, mod please close thread (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Is it really impossible to force umount on HP-UX

Hello, yeah... here my question : Exist some way to force umount on HP other than reboot? Thanks gb (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
12 Replies

6. Red Hat

Force machine reconfiguration

Hi, This may be a dumb question, but here goes. While I have been using Linux for some time, I am wondering if a certain capability exists within Red Hat that I have found within SUSE. Cool stuff you might not know that AutoYast can do ? Part 1 Linux In Novell’s East Region points to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - force matching

for below perl code, if without ?, will print test, otherwise will print null. i know it is due to greedy perl regexp matching that eat out test by previous .*, i also know there should be a way to force perl to match if can match, can anyone help me to figure it out or lead me to the right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
6 Replies

8. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Force ssl/ssh to use the hosts file

does anyone know how to force ssh/ssl to use the hosts file instead of DNS? I have disabled the DNS servers but ssh still will not resolve a host in the hosts file. thanks in advance for the help! DS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: derrell simpson
3 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)                                      Linux                                     Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)

NAME
fw - fwmark traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... fw [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
the fw filter allows to classify packets based on a previously set fwmark by iptables. If it is identical to the filter's handle, the fil- ter matches. iptables allows to mark single packets with the MARK target, or whole connections using CONNMARK. The benefit of using this filter instead of doing the heavy-lifting with tc itself is that on one hand it might be convenient to keep packet filtering and classifi- cation in one place, possibly having to match a packet just once, and on the other users familiar with iptables but not tc will have a less hard time adding QoS to their setups. OPTIONS
classid CLASSID Push matching packets to the class identified by CLASSID. action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. EXAMPLES
Take e.g. the following tc filter statement: tc filter add ... handle 6 fw classid 1:1 will match if the packet's fwmark value is 6. This is a sample iptables statement marking packets coming in on eth0: iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -j MARK --set-mark 6 SEE ALSO
tc(8), iptables(8), iptables-extensions(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)