Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Root acces bug through sudo!
Special Forums Cybersecurity Root acces bug through sudo! Post 302910215 by nixhead on Wednesday 23rd of July 2014 05:44:43 AM
Old 07-23-2014
cat /etc/sudoers

Code:
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# Please consider adding local content in /etc/sudoers.d/ instead of
# directly modifying this file.
#
# See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.
#
Defaults    env_reset
Defaults    secure_path="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"

# Host alias specification

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

# Members of the admin group may gain root privileges
%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL

# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
XXXXXX   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

# See sudoers(5) for more information on "#include" directives:

#includedir /etc/sudoers.d

sudo -v
Code:
Sudo version 1.8.3p1

uname -a
Code:
Linux XXXXXXXXX.com 3.2.0-54-generic #82-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 10 20:08:42 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

sudo, root password

Hi all.. I'm secering a RH 2.1 server, with gnome (not my choice...), as X manager. Is ther anyway to get sudo ask for root password other then the actual user's password? Like when you launch the graphical IHM to create a new user, it asks for root's password? Is there a way to do the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

2. AIX

sudo must be setuid root.

Guy's I'm trying to add some lines in sudo by useing this command visudo # User privilege specification root ALL=(ALL) ALL # Uncomment to allow people in group wheel to run all commands # %wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL # Same thing without a password # %wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo/root access

I'm actually working with a Ubuntu-System here and have a question about executing a command with 'sudo'. I tried and got a error message like "not allowed". After this I logged in with 'sudo -s' and typed the command without 'sudo'. This worked well. Can please somebody explain me this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo to delegate permission from non-root user to another non-root user

I've been through many threads before i decide to create a separate thread. I can't really find the solution to my (simple) problem. Here's what I'm trying to achieve: As "canar" user I want to run a command, let's say "/opt/ocaml/bin/ocaml" as "duck" user. The only to achieve this is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: canar
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo on becoming root

Anyone able to explain why if i run "sudo -i" or "sudo -s" i am able to get into root by just keying my own password? How to avoid this from happening coz i need all the users to use su - only. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sudo to user other than root but do not allow sudo to root

I have a set of RHEL 5 boxes running our ERP software on Oracle databases. I need to allow my DBA's to su to oracle and one other account (banner) without knowing the oracle or banner password. But I need to prevent them from su'ing to any other user especially root. I only want them to be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bug the vps by using simple user acces.

I want to bug and make lag in the vps using commands on linux by a normal user, SSH on centos 6. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: [xEF]Danger
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sudo asked for root password .

i have tried to use a sudo command from a user level . but instead of asking for user password it asked for root password . how should i go about it . james@opensuse:/etc> sudo ifconfig root's password: And i wish to ask how should i allow a list of command to be allowed to used for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lobsang
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudo access of rm to non-root user

Hello, It is Solaris-10. There is a file as /opt/vpp/dom1.2/pdd/today_23. It is always generated by root, so owned by root only. This file has to be deleted as part of application restart always and that is done by app_user and SA is always involved to do rm on that file. Is it possible to give... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sudo to root, but keep my own aliases?

I have a coworker that has set up some funky aliases in /etc/bash.alias, and he insists on leaving them that way. For example he aliased "ll" to "ls -lahtr", which really bugs me. Anyway, I was wondering if there were a way for me to sudo to root without reading /etc/bash.alias, or maybe have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
6 Replies
PUPPET-HELP(8)							   Puppet manual						    PUPPET-HELP(8)

NAME
puppet-help - Display Puppet help. SYNOPSIS
puppet help action OPTIONS
Note that any configuration parameter that's valid in the configuration file is also a valid long argument, although it may or may not be relevant to the present action. For example, server is a valid configuration parameter, so you can specify --server <servername> as an argument. See the configuration file documentation at http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/stable/configuration.html for the full list of acceptable parameters. A commented list of all configuration options can also be generated by running puppet with --genconfig. --mode MODE The run mode to use for the current action. Valid modes are user, agent, and master. --render-as FORMAT The format in which to render output. The most common formats are json, s (string), yaml, and console, but other options such as dot are sometimes available. --verbose Whether to log verbosely. --debug Whether to log debug information. ACTIONS
help - Display help about Puppet subcommands and their actions. SYNOPSIS puppet help [--version VERSION] [subcommand] [action] DESCRIPTION Display help about Puppet subcommands and their actions. OPTIONS --version VERSION - The version of the subcommand for which to show help. RETURNS Short help text for the specified subcommand or action. EXAMPLES
help Get help for an action: $ puppet help COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2011 by Puppet Labs Apache 2 license; see COPYING Puppet Labs, LLC June 2012 PUPPET-HELP(8)