Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH Loop command each minute
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SSH Loop command each minute Post 302910171 by stevefigueras on Wednesday 23rd of July 2014 12:49:02 AM
Old 07-23-2014
SSH Loop command each minute

Hello all Smilie

I want to know how can i do to loop a command each minute for example ?
I'm in SSH under Putty Smilie

Thanks you for your help Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pb in while loop with ssh command

Hi I use the following command to check if my_base is active or not : active_db=`${LOCAL_BIN}/ssh -l ${my_user} ${my_service} "ps -ef | grep ora_smon | grep ${my_base} | sed -e \"s/ */ /g\" | cut -d'?' -f2 | cut -d' ' -f3 | cut -d'_' -f3"` When I use a file listing databases to check them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madmat
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using ssh with a for loop

How do you do an ssh on a for statement. I have done ssh on individula lines of code before with no problems. #!/usr/bin/ksh cat server_list.txt | while read line do ssh $line "for i in `lslpp -l |grep tsm` do lslpp -Lc $i |grep -v State |tr ':' ',' |awk -F, '{print $2, "," ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: din
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh inside a for loop

Hi, The requirement is to ssh to unix servers and oracle databases, to perform some monitoring activity. I'm using shell script to perfom this. I pass the server details and database to a variable ... SERVERS="SERVER1 SERVER2 SERVER3" DATABASE="DB1 DB2 DB3" for i in $SERVERS do ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil3d
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh and for loop

Hi all, I am facing an issue while trying to access a for loop variable inside ssh. Can anyone please help me with what this issue is, the following is the code that I have -> IMPL_LOG_FOLDERS=(transaction_logs invalid_transaction_logs) sshg3 ftp_id@boxname << EOS for log_folder in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anindyabecs
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop stops after first iteration - remote ssh exit command problem?

I have written the following script to update some Debian boxes. #!/bin/bash mxg_hosts_file="/etc/mxg/ssh-hosts" while read line ; do mxg_host="$(echo ${line} | awk -F":" '{print $1}')" mxg_port="$(echo ${line} | awk -F":" '{print $2}')" echo "Connecting and Upgrading... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take minute per minute from a log awk

Hi, I've been trying to develop a script that performs the parsing of a log every 1 minute and then generating some statistics. I'm fairly new to programming and this is why I come to ask if I can lend a hand. this is my log: xxxx 16/04/2012 17:00:52 - xxxx714 - E234 - Time= 119 ms.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockx
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] Process ssh command in while loop

I have a script that reads a file containing a list of server names. It's suppose to loop through the list of names and execute a command on the remote server using ssh. It processes the ssh command for the first server in the list and then exits. Here's the code: #!/bin/bash ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop breaking when using "ssh" command inside

Hi , I am trying to read a list of hosts from a config file and trying to get file list from that host. For this I have used one while loop. cat "$ARCHIVE_CFG_FILE" | sed '/^$/d' | sed '/^#/d' | while read ARCHIVE_CFG do SOURCE_SERVER_NAME=`echo "$ARCHIVE_CFG" | awk -F '|' '{ print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

9. AIX

Need help on for loop inside ssh

Hi, I am having a file like, #cat file Jun 19 13:08 Jun 19 13:08 Jun 19 13:08 Jun 19 13:14 when I run the below comamnd locally it will work fine, IFS=$'\n'; for i in $(cat file) ;do echo "HI $i" ; done And the output is, HI Jun 19 13:08 HI Jun 19 13:08 HI Jun 19 13:08 HI... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop is causing ssh command to exit from script after first iteration.

I am trying to check multiple server's "uptime" in a loop over "ssh". When I execute multiple ssh commands with hard coded servernames script is executing fine. But when I pass server names using while loop, script is exiting after checking first server's status, why? # serverList... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
8 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project