Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing the shell script through java program Post 302910094 by punpun777777 on Tuesday 22nd of July 2014 11:42:13 AM
Old 07-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrageous
By example, google for more...
Code:
Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime(); 
Process p = r.exec("uname -a"); 
p.waitFor(); 
BufferedReader b = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(p.getInputStream())); 
String line = "";  
while ((line = b.readLine()) != null) {   
System.out.println(line); 
}  
b.Close();

Hi blackrageous ,

Thanks for the reply , but my major concerns is that java program should first establish he connection with server first how it will make ssh connection first and then it will execute that script , please advise

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing the su command from a java program.

Say in unix (AIX) m/c, I am logged in with s1 user and want to start process p1 with user credentials of s2. I can do manually in this way: #su - s2 #enter password for s2> somePassword $ p1 But all this I have to do through a java program. How to pass the password through program. One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shailendrat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advantage of executing program in user shell?

Hi, I'm curious about the advantage of forking and executing a program in a user shell as opposed to forking and executing the program directly without the user shell. For example: why is it often like: SSHD->fork&exec(shell, sftp-server)->fork&exec(sftp-server) And Not like: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeker333
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell program from a web page

Hi, I am looking for a cgi-script which runs a shell script from a web page. When I click "Run" from a web page it should run the shell commands in an textarea and results should get back to web page. Thanks Venkat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatritch
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Java Program

I am entirely new to shell scripting and would like to create a script to execute a java program called Main. I've already compiled it and placed the .java and .class files at /root/javaTest. Next I made a shell script that simply contained: java /root/javaTest/Main . I made the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypnotic_meat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing the result of a program as a shell script

I have a program that returns a shell script and I want to execute the script. I'll use cat in my simple example, but wget is an example that is feasible. $ # First setup a script $ echo "ls > df" > simple $ # "cat simple" is now a program that returns a script $ cat simple ls df $ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopite
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a unix shell script from a java program

Hi All, well , i am facing this problem.. i have tried a few sample codes but there isn't any solution . could anyone please give a sample code as of how to do this... Please see the below details...and read the details carefully. I have written some code, logic is 1)from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to input as if from command line to the java program

Hi, We are having a java server which can run on command line and once initiated, it will prompt options to enter from 0 to 5. The java program kickoff respective operation once number is entered between 0 to 5. However i want to always enter "1" and write another shell program wrapper to start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: surya5kn
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while Invoke Shell Script function from Java Program

Hi, I have create a Shell Script, with one function. I want to call the script file in Java Program. It working fine. but the problem is the function in the Shell Script is not executed. Please suggest me, Regards, Nanthagopal A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing java .jar from UNIX script

I have a .jar placed in my Unix directory. The .jar creates a .csv file .I want to execute the .jar and place the output file in a target Unix directory. The Unix Script is as follows. The issue that i am facing is that the file is not being placed in the REPORTDIR=/cdunix/IQNavigator/wrk instead... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkargeti12
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling and Executing a Java File With a Shell Script

I'm trying to use a shell script to compile and execute a java file. The java classes are using sockets, so there is a client.java file and a server.java file, each with their own shell script. I also want to handle the command line arguments within the shell script, not the java classes. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: britty4
1 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)