Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Date Formatting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX Date Formatting Post 302910056 by skyineyes on Tuesday 22nd of July 2014 07:47:39 AM
Old 07-22-2014
i could achieve doing the same with particular format using "cut" command. was thinking of getting ideas for generic one.

And why you think i didn't try anything before posting here? Can u help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting date

i need date in the following format December 14, 2005. With date +"%b %d, %Y" command i am getting the following output :- Dec 14, 2005. can anyone pls tell me how to get the full month name (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date formatting

Date format MM/DD/YYYY required is YYYYMMDD, I tried using sed but could not get it any help please. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date formatting

Running bash how do I input the date in the command line like 3/20/90 and get an output formmated like March, 20 1990. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: knc9233
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

date formatting

Hi i need to have the date in the format like dd-mon-yyyy my script goes like this #!/usr/bin/bash for f in /space/can /home/lbs/current/externalcdrbackup/L_CDR_Configuration/1/200903122* ; do awk '{sum++;}END{for(i in sum) {print d,h,m,i, sum}}' "d=$(date +'%m-%d-%Y')" "h=$(date +'%H')"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
8 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Date Formatting, etc.

Hi - I'm using GeekTool to customize my desktop in OS X 10.5.8 I'm a complete novice as far as UNIX commands, just know enough to be dangerous. I have a command entered as a Shell to display my events from iCal: This makes my events show something like this: While this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patricksprague
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a date

Hi, the date value retrieved by a parameter from the table is of the format dd/mm/yyyy. please let me know how to convert this to YYYYMMDD using sed thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting date

Hi all Y=`date +'%Y'` M=`date +'%m'` D=`date +'%d'` if && ;then yesterday=$Y$M`expr $D + 30` echo $yesterday else if && ; then yesterday=$Y$M`expr $D + 29` echo $yesterday else if ; then yesterday=$Y$M`expr $D + 27` echo $yesterday else yesterday=$Y$M`expr $D - 1` echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting date time in unix

while read l do vTimeCreated=`perl -e '@d=localtime ((stat(shift))); printf "%02d-%02d-%04d %02d:% 02d:%02d\n", $d,$d+1,$d+1900,$d,$d,$d' ${l}` echo "${l} || ${vTimeCreated}" >> ${fPrefx}_Output_Files_${vDate}.txt done < servername.txt Using the above code to format date time for each of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HeadBang
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting date time in unix using perl breaks

while read l do vTimeCreated=`perl -e '@d=localtime ((stat(shift))); printf "%02d-%02d-%04d %02d:% 02d:%02d\n", $d,$d+1,$d+1900,$d,$d,$d' ${l}` echo "${l} || ${vTimeCreated}" >> ${fPrefx}_Output_Files_${vDate}.txt done < servername.txt Using the above code to format date time for each of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HeadBang
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Date Formatting help

Hi, How can i store the date + time from the output of the ls command in loop in a variable date1? -rw-rw---- 1 user1 admin 500002 Jan 2 21:24 P002607.cssI then want to convert Jan 2 21:24 to this date format 2014-01-02 21:24:00 and save it in date2 variable. Then i would like to add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
KITSEND(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)