Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing from shell , not from php Post 302910048 by CarloM on Tuesday 22nd of July 2014 07:29:48 AM
Old 07-22-2014
How are you running the command from php (post a code sample)? What error do you get?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing Shell Scripts

Hi, I'm pretty new to Unix and I just have a question concerning making a script executable without putting the "sh" command before it. In case it makes the difference I am on an Apple computer using the Terminal. Anyway here is the little test code I wrote followed by the commands I took to try... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BuyoCat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a Shell Script

I am trying to run a shell script using the ./<ScriptName> command, but the server returns an error bash: ./Script1.sh: Permission denied What variable do I need to set to avoid this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between executing a shell using sh and .

Is there any difference in executing the shell using sh and . and ./. I had a shell script and i observed that anyone is ale to execute the script eith sh even without having the execute permission.how is so? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyo_das
2 Replies

4. Programming

c executing shell problem

Hello im geting error here: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; int main (int argc, char *argv) { char user; string command; cin << user; command = printf ("grep '%s' /etc/shadow", user); system (command.c_str()); } return 0; } it should search shadow... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: velniaszs
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Scripts from PHP Web Interface

Later Edit: So far the problem is solved, i've loaded the .profile into the bash script, and now it's working great But I might have some future questions, so please don't close the thread. Thanks Hello everyone, I am trying to develop an web interface, which is able to execute pre-defined... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SuperDuck
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is this shell not executing?

%touch nu %cat nu who | wc -l %chmod +x nu %nu nu: Command not found (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaun74
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/tme-0.8/bus/multibus:~/tme-0.8/bus/sbus:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits32:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits64:~/tme-0.8/generic:~/tme-0.8/host/bsd:~/tme-0.8/host/gtk:~/tme-0.8/host/posix:~/tme-0.8/ic:~/tme-0.8/ic/ieee754:~/tme-0.8/ic/m68k:~/tme-0.8/ic/sparc:~/tme-0.8/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script using sh

Platform : Solaris 10, RHEL 5.4, OEL 6 I've noticed that some of my colleagues execute scripts by typing sh before the script name sh myscript.shI always execute a script by typing the script name and typing enter provided PATH variable has . (current directory) in it myscript.sh (and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John K
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why we use -f while executing any shell script?

Hi All, I wanted to know why we use the '-f' option while executing script. in my case... abcd.sh -f any_evts 02 2014 abcd = Scriptname -f = dont know any_evts = Some file or string 02= month 2014 = year So in above pleas ehelp to understand here -f and other arguement like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajju
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Shell Script from PHP Webpage

Hello , I am trying to execute a small shell script from a PHP Webpage. Below is the shell script : 1.sh $ cat /home/oracle/rahul/1.sh #!/bin/ksh echo "`date` : Report generation in progress" > /home/oracle/rahul/report.txt echo "Run successfully script"; Below is the PHP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
1 Replies
php-config(1)							Scripting Language						     php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules available --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO
php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 7.1.19. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2018 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2018 php-config(1)