Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SMTP relay one (1) hostname with two (2) IP Address Post 302910040 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 22nd of July 2014 06:46:19 AM
Old 07-22-2014
It sounds like you want a DNS alias. Do you have a DNS box on your network?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Spoofing a From Address in SMTP

Hi, I am currently using Mailx to send a mail message from my unix account via an SMTP relay. This is working ok. However from the recipient end the FROM address they see on mails received is <unix account>@<domain> eg prod@liveserver.com Is there anyway I can spoof this FROM address from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP address/hostname problem

I have a problem that when I am pinging with the IP address it is giving me whether a server is alive or not but when I am trying it with hostname it is giving unknown host I have checked in /etc/hosts file and the IP address and hostname are both there...still the problem is there.. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uLearner
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Exim Restrict outgoing relay by ip address

I am moving our email server from MS Exchange to Exim on Ubuntu 8.04.1. Version of Exim is 4.68. As one of our security layers, we restrict authorization to send/relay email via our mail server from approved IP networks only. Whether this is a perfect method or not is irrelevant as it is but one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsgcic
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Hostname and Return IP Address

Dear Experts, I have a text file on my itanium box which contains list of nearly 1000 hostnames. I do not have the IP Address of them. I want read each entry from the text file and want to do a nslookup to the DNS Server and get the IP Adresses and put them in another file in the format... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert IP address (within a line) to hostname

I have a tricky problem, and I'm quite the scripting newb. I have Cisco ACLs that have IP addresses in them. I'd like to convert the IP's to hostnames for easier analysis. A sample ACL input file would be (I've obfuscated the IPs): access-list acl-secure-out line 1 extended permit icmp any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scolazz
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routing or Iptables connections by hostname or ip address

edit; I found a solution that works, see thread #3 https://www.unix.com/302417065-post3.html Hi there, I have a small dedicated server that has four ip addresses and by default my httpd sends request using the servers main ip for all outbound connections. I'm quite amateur at routing and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooofa
4 Replies

7. Solaris

SMTP relay Help

Hello!! Mau I know is there anyway that I can set the sendmail to relay the mail to different mail server base on the domain name? For example, Mail for abc.test.com will be sent to 1.1.1.1 and Mail for def.example.com will be sent to 2.2.2.2 Thanks for the help!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to setup Sendmail as SMTP Relay?

Hi Guys, I want to setup sendmail using my username and password on my ISP to be able to send out messages. I'm using Linux. So far, what I've done is modified the sendmail.mc with the following changes: define(`SMART_HOST',`myispsmtpoutgoingserver') FEATURE(authinfo)dnl In my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - How to get IP Address from a hostname?

We are using Solaris as our database OS. Can you please help me to know how can i get the IP address of a solaris machine in my network from its hostname? e.g. We have a remote database server with the hostname as xyz. Without connecting to the database OS, can i get the IP address of xyz OS from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anmol Sharma
1 Replies

10. AIX

Mutt from address and hostname

Mutt 1.2.3.1i AIX 5.3.12.1 We need to send email to external addresses. But are having problems with the sent-from hostname. They're going out with @server.mycompany.com. We need them to be @mycompany.com. I'm setting from and hostname with -e 'set from="From... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Papa Lee
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Mailbox - DNS mailbox representation SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Mailbox; $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('user@example.com'); $address = $mailbox->address; DESCRIPTION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox module implements a subclass of DNS domain name objects representing the DNS coded form of RFC822 mailbox address. METHODS
new $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John.Doe@example.com'); $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John Doe <j.doe@example.com>'); Creates a mailbox object which represents the DNS domain encoded form of the mail address specified by the character string argument. The argument string consists of printable characters from the 7-bit ASCII repertoire. address $address = $mailbox->address; Returns a character string containing the RFC822 mailbox address corresponding to the encoded domain name representation described in RFC1035 section 8. DOMAIN NAME COMPRESSION AND CANONICALISATION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox1035 and Net::DNS::Mailbox2535 subclass packages implement RFC1035 domain name compression and RFC2535 canonicalisation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2009,2012 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, RFC822, RFC1035, RFC5322 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)