Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VPN IPSec Openswan
Special Forums IP Networking VPN IPSec Openswan Post 302909974 by solaris_user on Monday 21st of July 2014 03:47:14 PM
Old 07-21-2014
If you need to redirect traffic from VPN tunnel to eth0 than you must use iptables ro rewrite destination address

Code:
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0:1 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0:0 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

after that you need to enable ipv_4 forwarding

Code:
sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

To stay permanent you need to edit /etc/sysctl.conf file

On the other side you must enable input traffic

Code:
iptables -A INPUT -s <eth0> -j ACCEPT

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

IPSec - VPN using shared key

Hello! I have some trouble trying to configure a VPN with two gateways. One of them uses IPSec with a single key, 256bits length, specified in /etc/ipsec.secrets. As FreeSwan manual page says, if i put esp=3des-md5-96, will be used a "64bit IV key (internally generated), a 192bit 3des ekey and a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eNTer
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

IPSec VPN Routing

Hello, I'm trying to setup a gateway VPN between two routers across an unsecured network between two local networks. The routers are both linux and I'm using the ipsec tools, racoon and setkey. So far hosts from either local net can successfully ping hosts on the other local net without issue. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: salukibob
0 Replies

3. BSD

Problem on IPSec

Hi, this is my first post...:p Hello Admin :) Can I have an ask for something with my configuration ? I have finished some kind of the tutorial to build ipsec site to site, and the "step" has finished completely. I have a simulation with a local design topology with two PC's (FreeBSD ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aulia
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ipsec implementation

How can i implement Ipsec between two machines in linux_ ubuntu? any link?? suggestion?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinaz
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

IPSEC

hello, after configuration ipsec in ip4 I can not ping between client and server whereas I had success ping before configuration! I also generate different key for AH and ESP as i have shown below. what is my problem and what should i do to have ping and test the configuration? code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinaz
0 Replies

6. AIX

Allow port range using IPsec?

Hi Guys, Please could you tell me if it is possible to have a single rule/filter to allow a certain port range instead of a separate rule for each port? I'm sure it must be possible but I am unable to find the syntax. Thanks Chris (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisstevens
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Openswan with Cisco ASA

Hi all, I need this as soon as possible to solve it or at least to find out what is the problem. I have configured IPSec tunnels with Openswan and Cisco ASA, i have established a connection and the ping was fine, but after some time there is request time out from both sites. I don't have ASA... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancd
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Best tool to monitor VPN IPSEC Tunneling

We are using cyberoam device, VPN IPSEC tunnel is going of frequently even the traffic is throug. Please suggest what may be the cause for the above mentioned issue. Also suggest a best tool to monitor the same VPN IPSEC tunnel connectivity. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marunmeera
4 Replies
Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)				       Linux					 Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)

NAME
fw - fwmark traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... fw [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
the fw filter allows to classify packets based on a previously set fwmark by iptables. If it is identical to the filter's handle, the fil- ter matches. iptables allows to mark single packets with the MARK target, or whole connections using CONNMARK. The benefit of using this filter instead of doing the heavy-lifting with tc itself is that on one hand it might be convenient to keep packet filtering and classifi- cation in one place, possibly having to match a packet just once, and on the other users familiar with iptables but not tc will have a less hard time adding QoS to their setups. OPTIONS
classid CLASSID Push matching packets to the class identified by CLASSID. action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. EXAMPLES
Take e.g. the following tc filter statement: tc filter add ... handle 6 fw classid 1:1 will match if the packet's fwmark value is 6. This is a sample iptables statement marking packets coming in on eth0: iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -j MARK --set-mark 6 SEE ALSO
tc(8), iptables(8), iptables-extensions(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)