Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding Pager notification to mailx command. Post 302909891 by Sharma331 on Monday 21st of July 2014 09:49:27 AM
Old 07-21-2014
Adding Pager notification to mailx command.

Is it possible to add Pager Notification to mailx command?? Smilie
Or by any other mean.

---------- Post updated at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:08 AM ----------

Hi just want to specify that by Pager i mean a message to the mobile number.

Suppose i have following condition
Code:
If [[ $a -eq $b ]];then
send a message to 9999999999
else
no message to be sent
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pager message from UNIX

Hi, we have written an auto emailer script for some autosys jobs getting delayed using C-Shell. We would also like to enhance this by sending out a page to the support personnel. Is there any way in C-Shell or autosys wherein we have the facility to send these pager messages ? Please help !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavankri
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process pager - by cell phone or just e-mail notify

hi all.. i need any help. i want to create in my crontab a simple script for verify any process and notify for the status in my e-mail or cell phone. anybody help me? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: squash
9 Replies

3. AIX

mail, aliases, pager

Hi, I have two aliases for two types of alert. /etc/aliases italert1: user1@company.com italertb: 123456@paging.isp.com The first alias containts only an email to go through the company exchange/mail server. Works fine. The second alias contains only a pager which also works fine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding date to the subject using mailx

Hi , I want to add date to the subject of the email. I am using mail and used -s "SQL Loader was not able to load enid on `date` due to data error" But it didnt work. can any one help me ?? Thanks Sithara (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sithara
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pager Alert

I want to check the log file continoulsy and to send a page alert if i see specific message like Reached Max Connrctions . Please suggest how to do this through script DO i need to enable the cronjob to run the script evey 5 min or what is the best way (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Message success/faliure delivery notification - mailx

Guys, Is it possible to get a delivery status message like success/faliure notification after sending a mail using mailx. -v option can be used to get the message failure notification if any.. is there any option to get the message success notification? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoharg
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx - Adding timestamp in CSV file

Hi allI am mailing csv file to our lotusnote server using shell script. I am using command to get require date/time :date +"%d%b%y-%X%p"File name is :TESTFILE-29Jan14-09:00:00AM.csv.When I am receving this on lotusnote server coming as "00AM.csv" rest of the string is getting truncated. I feel due... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx is adding a random "!" in the middle of my mail

I made a script that sends an email with one long line, line looks like this. UY453;HJ345;BM342;JH526;HJ245;HJ234;NM235;........JK453;SD245; The mail has about 200 of those IDs in one line, each ID is separtated by ";". The problem is that there is a random exclemation mark and it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

All output to terminal pager by default

How can I have all my output to a terminal pager by default. I want all output to pause once screen is full. Piping to more does not work if the app/script is interactive (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
2 Replies
IO::Pager::Buffered(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Pager::Buffered(3)

NAME
IO::Pager::Buffered - Pipe deferred output to PAGER if destination is a TTY SYNOPSIS
use IO::Pager::Buffered; { local $token = IO::Pager::Buffered::open *STDOUT; print <<" HEREDOC" ; ... A bunch of text later HEREDOC } { # You can also use scalar filehandles... my $token = IO::Pager::Buffered::open($FH) or warn($!); print $FH "No globs or barewords for us thanks! "; } { # ...or an object interface my $token = new IO::Pager::Buffered; $token->print("OO shiny... "); } DESCRIPTION
IO::Pager subclasses are designed to programmatically decide whether or not to pipe a filehandle's output to a program specified in PAGER; determined and set by IO::Pager at runtime if not yet defined. This subclass buffers all output for display upon exiting the current scope. If this is not what you want look at another subclass such as IO::Pager::Unbuffered. While probably not common, this may be useful in some cases,such as buffering all output to STDOUT while the process occurs, showing only warnings on STDERR, then displaying the output to STDOUT after. Or alternately letting output to STDOUT slide by and defer warnings for later perusal. METHODS
Class-specific method specifics below, others are inherited from IO::Pager. open( [FILEHANDLE] ) Instantiate a new IO::Pager to paginate FILEHANDLE if necessary. Assign the return value to a scoped variable. Output does not occur until all references to this variable are destroyed eg; upon leaving the current scope. See "DESCRIPTION". new( [FILEHANDLE] ) Almost identical to open, except that you will get an IO::Handle back if there's no TTY to allow for IO::Pager agnostic programming. tell( FILEHANDLE ) Returns the size of the buffer in bytes. flush( FILEHANDLE ) Immediately flushes the contents of the buffer. If the last print did not end with a newline, the text from the preceding newline to the end of the buffer will be flushed but is unlikely to display until a newline is printed and flushed. CAVEATS
If you mix buffered and unbuffered operations the output order is unspecified, and will probably differ for a TTY vs. a file. See perlfunc. $, is used see perlvar. SEE ALSO
IO::Pager, IO::Pager::Unbuffered, IO::Pager::Page, AUTHOR
Jerrad Pierce <jpierce@cpan.org> Florent Angly <florent.angly@gmail.com> This module was inspired by Monte Mitzelfelt's IO::Page 0.02 COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2003-2012 Jerrad Pierce o Thou shalt not claim ownership of unmodified materials. o Thou shalt not claim whole ownership of modified materials. o Thou shalt grant the indemnity of the provider of materials. o Thou shalt use and dispense freely without other restrictions. Or, if you prefer: This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.0 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.16.2 2012-09-04 IO::Pager::Buffered(3)