Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How to authorisation resctricted access to public_ip:port/extension url in Ubuntu? Post 302909766 by Akshay Hegde on Saturday 19th of July 2014 07:24:26 AM
Old 07-19-2014
Checkout <Directory> block in the main Apache configuration,

Configuration will be something like this

Code:
<VirtualHost *:8080>
# Private access
<Directory /var/www/yoursite/userdirectory>
    AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswd
    AuthName "Some Name"
    AuthType Basic
    require user <username>
    deny from all
    allow from <allowed ip>
</Directory>

# Public access
<Directory /var/www/yoursite/public>
    Satisfy any
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console access via serial port - settings

looking for the answer to console port access via 25pin serial. Can i tip in from another unix box for access? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplimarvelous
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict tcp-port access

Hi Is there any way to restrict the TCP-IP port usage. I want to restrict TCP-IP port 1500/1550 to the oracle osuser. Tanks in advance. Remi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: remivisser
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

no wireless access on my laptop in ubuntu 9.10

Hii i have installed ubuntu 9.10 and my hp laptop has a wireless (this one works just like the normal volume button touch screen if u touch it wireless works or else it doesnot ) now after installing ubuntu it glows always red and never turn blue.. i have windows 7 on other partition it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_nebula
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check the URL is alive or dead with port number

Hi, I am running certain weblogic instance, in which it's hard to find which instance is stopped or running after stopping the weblogic , cause process status is for all the instance is same. A URL which shows the instance is stopped or running. But i have major challenge to check it through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Limit access in Ubuntu

can we use semantec or any kind of software in ubuntu/linux to limit access of a user to edit a specific file? example::: a. will not play media player or use usb. we will edit blacklist.conf to do this. however user should still be able to do apt-get install, shutdown, edit other files etc.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

VPN ssh access over RDP port?

Guys, Can I use an open RDP port to gain ssh access to my Linux server running the other side of our firewall? I work from home on the odd occasion, we only have RDP port 3389 available once logged into the VPN. I would rather ssh into my workstation without the need for a desktop display. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Why I cannot access internet from Solaris guest using url?

Hi all, I'm using virtualbox bridged adapter Host:Windows 7 Guest: Solaris 11 while I can ping between the host and guess, I cannot access the Internet from the solaris guest. here's my settings: while I can ping 173.194.38.128 (which is actually google.com), I cannot ping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTTP::DAV module errors - can't access URL

Hello, I am attempting to use the HTTP/DAV module in perl, and I have a script that transfers files to a website. However, I get the following error message: "Couldn't open https://www.thisismyurl.com/DAV: The URL "https://www.thisismyurl.com/DAV" is not DAV enabled or not accessible." ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scatterbrain26
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

How to access website without port in Ubuntu 14.04?

Hello All, I am trying to open a webpage in ubuntu browser "xxx.com:8008" which works fine but i would like to open it without having to mention the port, Is there anyway in ubuntu where we can access the website without having to mention 8008 port.Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
2 Replies
GCHEM3D(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils							GCHEM3D(1)

NAME
gchem3d - a small chemical viewer application SYNOPSIS
gchem3d [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gchem3d is a small chemical viewer application, which can show several chemical file formats. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -b COLOR, --bgcolor=COLOR Use the given color as background color. COLOR can be one of "black" (default), "white", "#rrggbb" (don't forget to escape the "#" character in the shell). -d MODEL, --display3d=MODEL Choose how molecules are displayed. MODEL can be one of "BallnStick" (default), "SpaceFill". -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchem3d version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCHEM3D(1)