Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Encrypting or maksing password in cron Post 302909735 by achenle on Friday 18th of July 2014 05:01:47 PM
Old 07-18-2014
And to top it all off, putting the userid and password on the command line pretty much makes it readable by anyone logged onto the box by using the "ps" utility.

In other words, your application itself violates your security requirements.

As far as keeping root users from accessing the password, you need to look into RBAC.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

encrypting Unix flatfile

Hi, I am new to unix. I have a flat file that needs to be pgp encyrpted in ASCII format and ftped in Ascii format to remote location. Can any one tell me the steps involved in the pgp encryption of the unix file. I will really appreciate if any one can help me with the pgp encryption shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypting a password for shell script

All, I want to encrypt a database system administration password into a file or environment variable. Then, I want to decrypt the password from the file or environment variable so nobody sees the clear text password. For example, I have the database password of developement. I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

3. AIX

Encrypting password

I have a strange question for someone regarding the AIX 5.2 environment. Here is the scenerio: I have a script that is running a menu full of options. 1. I like food 2. I don't like food Enter Option:_ Enter userID:_ Enter Password:_ (The menu is conversational only so go with me on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Justman
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

encrypting files in ksh

I have an ascii file that I want to encrypt and save. I have seen this done before, but cannot remember how, nor can I find anything in any of my manuals or online help. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks, Henry (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hwollman53
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Encrypting a script......

Hiiiiii..... every one..... I have written a script, and i want to make that script confidential.So that, only i can see that script. I am using " crypt " command in solaris 9, to encrypt that script.But when i am executing this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantshukla
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypting the login password on Solaris 10

Hi, Could you pls. help me in encryting a database password on Solaris 10 Box. eg : username : test password : t est123 The request is to encrypt the test123 so that no one can understand the what the password is ? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypting the password

Iam using the teradata... and running the scripts in unix, I wan to encrypt the teradata password in Unix... my hostname is : bprod usename: KRN777 passwrd: passwrd can ant one tell me the exact command to encrypth the passwrd.... thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypting password

Hello All, I need to accept a password from the user and validate it, without having to hard-code it anywhere. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: optimus_1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed regarding cron job scheduler with CyberArk Password security

Hi All, I have a script which will restart some web server and bring it up again. For that I need to retrieve 3 password from CyberArk (Cyber-Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) vault. My question is: Is this possible to schedule the script through cron and automatic password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
0 Replies

10. High Performance Computing

Encrypting interconnect

Hi, i've got a qusetion regarding interconnect of compute nodes. In our company we are running a Simulation Cluster which is administrated by the Simulation department. Now our central IT requires to encrypt the interconnect of the compute nodes. Does anybody in that business encrypt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiberkill
3 Replies
NWUSERLIST(1)							    nwuserlist							     NWUSERLIST(1)

NAME
nwuserlist - List Users logged in at a NetWare server SYNOPSIS
nwuserlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -a ] [ -q ] [ -f [ -d ] [ -D ] [ -t ]] DESCRIPTION
nwuserlist lists the users logged in at a NetWare server, together with their connection number and their login time. nwuserlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more informa- tion. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwuserlist prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -a With option -a the IPX address of the station the user is logged in from is printed as well. -q With option -q object ID is printed in addition to user name. -f List also files opened by each connection. -d List detailed informations about each file. -D List DOS filename instead of filename which was used for opening. -t Show raw hexadecimal values in addition to human readable conversions. AUTHORS
nwuserlist was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwuserlist 7/22/1996 NWUSERLIST(1)