Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help extracting data for report creation Post 302909658 by hicksd8 on Friday 18th of July 2014 06:22:19 AM
Old 07-18-2014
So the question is that you have circa 1,000 files (in the same directory?) and you want a script to extract two lines from each and create a report?

(I thought you were talking about modifying Autosys to behave differently).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get data creation file

Hi, I've two machine A and B. On the machine B there's a script that get with an ftp command a file on the A machine. I want that creation data file on the machine B is the creation data file on the machine A. Example: File text.txt on machine A created on 01/01/2006 11:00. The script on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superfabius
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get a data creation file

Hi, I've two machine A and B. On the machine B there's a script that get with an ftp command a file on the A machine. I want that creation data file on the machine B is the creation data file on the machine A. Example: File text.txt on machine A created on 01/01/2006 11:00. The script on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superfabius
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation of script,if the data file have more than one entry!!!

1.Daily there will be 14 files in the data directory 2.someday's the 14 files receive more than once r twice with different time stamps....we need to chk the count of the file and if the count of the file is two.we need to combine the both the files. 3. if any duplicate data is there just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Help for extracting report from logs

Hi I have a log file, with lines of following kind. ------------------------ 2009-05-15 07:49:42,574 INFO - SqlMapObjectDataDao - select - selectObject - 2 ms 2009-05-15 07:49:42,575 INFO - SqlMapUserDao - select - getUserSystemAdminSuperGroup - 0 ms 2009-05-15 07:49:42,576 INFO -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Creation of Script to Input Separators in Data

Hi all, I have one problem that is preparing datas so I can run a script to extrat informations for my statistic reports. I receive some datas, that are informations mixed and I need to separate them to analyse. This is an exemple of datas:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexis Duarte
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of data from multiple text files, and creation of a chart

Hello dear friends, My problem as explained below seems really basic. Fact is that I'm totally new to programming, and have only a week to produce a script ( CShell or Perl ? ) to perform this action. While searching on the forums, I found a command that could help me, but I don't know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ackheron
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

data in file while creation

I want to add some starting information in a file while creation. like if I type vi test.sh then #!/bin/bash will be added automatically. Somebody suggest me how to do this ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test data creation

Hi, I need to produce A LOT of test data for a testing environment I've been told to look after. Should have stayed at home this week As it is for testing and probable sending to vendors I can't use real data (customer details). My wish list to Sanata is to have a number of flat files that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data

I have a txt file of the following format >ab_ qwerty >rt_ hfjkil >Ty2 hglashglkasghkf; >P2 aklhfklflkkgfgkfl >ui_ vnllkdskkkffkfkkf >we32 vksksjksj;lslsf'sk's's .... ..... I want to split this big file based on the header (>) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies
DH_BUGFILES(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_BUGFILES(1)

NAME
dh_bugfiles - install bug reporting customization files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_bugfiles [-A] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_bugfiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing bug reporting customization files (bug scripts and/or bug control files and/or presubj files) into package build directories. FILES
debian/package.bug-script This is the script to be run by the bug reporting program for generating a bug report template. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package in the package build directory if no other types of bug reporting customization files are going to be installed for the package in question. Otherwise, this file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/script. Finally, the installed script is given execute permissions. debian/package.bug-control It is the bug control file containing some directions for the bug reporting tool. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/control in the package build directory. debian/package.bug-presubj The contents of this file are displayed to the user by the bug reporting tool before allowing the user to write a bug report on the package to the Debian Bug Tracking System. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/presubj in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install debian/bug-* files to ALL packages acted on when respective debian/package.bug-* files do not exist. Normally, debian/bug-* will be installed to the first package only. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers.gz debhelper(1) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_BUGFILES(1)