Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query on executing awk using SSH Post 302909642 by Scrutinizer on Friday 18th of July 2014 04:33:48 AM
Old 07-18-2014
Because the command string is enclosed in double quotes and so the shell will try to expand variable $2, therefore the $-sign needs to be escaped..

There are two sections protected by double quotes:
Code:
"ps -ef | grep "

and
Code:
" | grep -v 'grep' | awk '{print \$2}'|wc -l"

To join them into one section protected by double quotes, you would need to also escape the double quotes within the double quotes.. ...grep \"pattern\"...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a SQL query from a shell script

I cannot figure out how to run a SQL script, or just a sqlplus query, from a shell script (bash or ksh). Basically, I need to su - oracle from root and run a query, then test the exit status. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Sql Query Using Shell Script

HI ALL i have a requirement like this. i have to write a shell script to run a sql query. DB is oracle. once the query is run, the results of the query has to be published in a data file. can you please advice me how to go about it. i am absolutely new to shell scripts and this is a part of my job. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a SQL query in shell script

Hi ALL, I need an help in connecting to oracle database, executing a select query and printing it on the screen. Can any one please write a simple code or psuedo code and let me know. select query returns multiple values( say select name from emp) Thanks in advance LM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijju.mathew
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing awk in a remote server using ssh

Hello Everybody, I'm facing a weird problem with the awk command. I'm trying to execute a simple awk command as follows, echo 1 2 | awk '{print $2}' This command prints the output 2. When i try to execute the same command in a remote server using ssh as follows, ssh user@host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script executing sql query

Hello, I have a sh script excuting a sql query through sqlplus. I am having trouble making my date equal to the date of the server time in the sql script. How can i call the server date from my query? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingluke
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing SQL query using unix shell script

I want to perform few post-session success tasks like update a status to 'true' in one of the sql database table, update date values to current system date in one of the configuration table in sql. How do i achieve this in a post session command?syntax with example will be helpful. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathanvaithi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing SQL Query and sending a mail

Hi all, My reqirenet goes like this. Need to execute one select statement within the script and send a mail to the users with the number of records fecthed from the query. Please help.. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Achiever
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding executing sql query in shell script

Hi, I have one SQL file prepared in UNIX and one script that is executing that. In SQL i have Update and create queries. I want to introduce conditions in SQL file (in UNIX) that if either of the create or update query failes whole transaction should be rollback. I just have 1 create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhii
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#Spool/Query executing with extra space.

Hello, I have a requirement where i have to spool some data to a file. i have achived the desired target but m facing one issue. i have attached the script and the output. i checked the data length in the table but it is only 45 for column 1. can you tell me how to remove these extra... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed_Tabish
4 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)