Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ls -l question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ls -l question Post 302909627 by zaxxon on Friday 18th of July 2014 02:19:03 AM
Old 07-18-2014
No, there is no time limit to this. It will display all visible files and directories, no matter how old they are. If you want to limit the output, you might want to look into the options/man page of the find command.
There are plenty of examples here on the forum and on the web.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Yet Another Question

Now that I have getch() to work, I have yet another problem. BTW, thank you for answering these questions, I do ask a lot, only because I am eager to know, what is a board used for anyways :) Ok, he's the problem... #include iostream.h #include conio.h int main() { char movement; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbolthouse
2 Replies

2. Solaris

vi question

Im trying to edit a 113 meg file in VI and i get the error TMP FILE TOO LARGE. Does someone know how to get around this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv question

Hello if I like to move file from defined directories system to new directory that not contained any directories system structure . But I like to create the same file system structure as source directory for example : I have 2 directories: foo1 and foo2 foo1 have directories and foo2 have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

hallo, ik heb hier een vraagje. hoeveel gebruikers kunnen er op 1 unix systeem. hopelijk antwoorden golle nu want ik moet da vinde voor school en die leerkracht zaagt. :p groetjes eu wacht wa was mijne nick ah ja vraagje groetjes vraagje ik kan geen engels dus antwoord liever in het... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vraagje
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about wc

Hey my friend was asking me if i knew a way to cout how many different words in a file. I told him no not off hand, but i was thinking about it, and i started to wonder also. I imagine this is probably pretty simple im just missing something, I keep confusing my self with how you would compair and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: yodadbl07
16 Replies

6. Hardware

question

How to add 3 moniters to a pc set up? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clicstic
2 Replies

7. AIX

df question

Hi, Can anyone please explain a little about df command. I have following question: Following example is showing % used as 4 where as total free blocks are 15.46 out of 16.00 MB blocks. df -m /test Filesystem MBblocks Free %Used Iused %Iused ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsabhi9
5 Replies
RUNLIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RUNLIM(1)

NAME
runlim - a program to run benchmarks SYNOPSIS
runlim [ options ...] command [ arguments ...] DESCRIPTION
run is a tool that can be used to run and control benchmarks. It executes a given command with (optional) arguments, samples resource usage during the run, and kills the process (and its child processes) if a certain time and/or space limit is exhausted. Every 100 milliseconds, runlim takes a sample of the program's resource utilization, and logs status information to stderr every second. Optionally, the status can be logged to a file. Multi-threaded programs can be limited by setting a wall clock timeout. runlim follows the time accumulation scheme of GNU time for multi- threaded programs and programs that spawn multiple child-processes: time spent in each thread/child is summed up, unless you are only interested in walk clock time. OPTIONS
runlim accepts the following options: -h, --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. -o FILE, --output-file=FILE Overwrite or create FILE for output logging. -s NUM, --space-limit=NUM Set space limit to NUM megabytes. -t NUM, --time-limit=NUM Set time limit to NUM seconds. -r NUM, --real-time-limit=NUM Set real time limit to NUM seconds. -k, --kill Propagate signals. SEE ALSO
time(1), timelimit(1), timeout(1), time(7). AUTHOR
runlim was written by Armin Biere and Toni Jussila. This manual page was written by Thomas Krennwallner <tkren@kr.tuwien.ac.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). February 11, 2011 RUNLIM(1)