Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to match in 2 files and generate 3rd file? Post 302909592 by reddyr on Thursday 17th of July 2014 05:27:20 PM
Old 07-17-2014
Thanks Chubler_XL and RudiC

It is NOT coincidence but the order of appearance (as shown in my sample output).

Chubler_XL's all 3 solutions worked for me. I'm using standard awk of HP UX. I tested with few samples and all worked fine. Could you please confirm which is the best and most likely to work on "all" samples?

Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

combining 2 files with more than one match in second file

Hello, I am attempting to combine two files where the second file can have more than one match with the lookup field (node) in the first file, onto one line of the output file. Also alerting if a lookup was not found in file2 =-=-=-=-=-=-= Example of file1 node,type =-=-=-=-=-=-= bob,232... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnes42
5 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Match col 1 of File 1 with col 1 File 2 and create a 3rd file

Hello, I have a 1.6 GB file that I would like to modify by matching some ids in col1 with the ids in col 1 of file2.txt and save the results into a 3rd file. For example: File 1 has 1411 rows, I ignore how many columns it has (thousands) File 2 has 311 rows, 1 column Would like to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

match text from two files and write to a third file

Hi all I have two files X.txt and Y.txt. Both file contains same number of sentences. The content of X.txt is The filter described above may be combined. and the content of Y.txt is The filter describ+ed above may be combin+ed. Some of the words are separated with "+"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two files based on a 3rd key file

Hi, I want to merge the two files based on the key file's columns. The key file: DATE~DATE HOUSE~IN_HOUSE CUST~IN_CUST PRODUCT~PRODUCT ADDRESS~CUST_ADDR BASIS_POINTS~BASIS_POINTS ... The other 2 files are From_file & To_file - The From_file: DATE|date/time|29|9 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate a csv files by separating the values from the input file based on position?

Hi All, I need help for doing the following. I have a input file like: aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccbbbbbaaaaaadddddaaaabbbbbbb now I am trying to generate a output csv file where i will have for e.g. 0-3 chars of each line as the first column in the csv, 4-10 chars of the line as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate files from one file based on lines

Hi Friends, I have a file1 file1.txt 1ABC 13478 aqjerh 473 343 2hej 478 5775 24578 23892 3fhd fg 847 brjkb f99345 487 4eh ehjk 84 47589 8947 234 5784 487 738 52895 8975 6 57489 eghe9 4575 859479 7fnbd 4y5 4iuy 458 h irh 8fjdg 74 7845 8475 5789 94yr 48yr 4hr erhj reh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

From 2 files create 3rd file with uncommon data

Hi All, I have two files. File1 and File2. Want to create another file with all the records of File1 those are not present in File2. Please guide. Thanks in advanced. Anupam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
OPENCV_PERFORMANCE(1)						   User Commands					     OPENCV_PERFORMANCE(1)

NAME
opencv_performance - evaluate the performance of the classifier SYNOPSIS
opencv_performance [options] DESCRIPTION
opencv_performance evaluates the performance of the classifier. It takes a collection of marked up test images, applies the classifier and outputs the performance, i.e. number of found objects, number of missed objects, number of false alarms and other information. When there is no such collection available test samples may be created from single object image by the opencv_createsamples(1) utility. The scheme of test samples creation in this case is similar to training samples In the output, the table should be read: 'Hits' shows the number of correctly found objects 'Missed' shows the number of missed objects (must exist but are not found, also known as false negatives) 'False' shows the number of false alarms (must not exist but are found, also known as false positives) OPTIONS
opencv_performance supports the following options: -data classifier_directory_name The directory, in which the classifier can be found. -info collection_file_name File with test samples description. -maxSizeDiff max_size_difference Determine the size criterion of reference and detected coincidence. The default is 1.500000. -maxPosDiff max_position_difference Determine the position criterion of reference and detected coincidence. The default is 0.300000. -sf scale_factor Scale the detection window in each iteration. The default is 1.200000. -ni Don't save detection result to an image. This could be useful, if collection_file_name contains paths. -nos number_of_stages Number of stages to use. The default is -1 (all stages are used). -rs roc_size The default is 40. -h sample_height The sample height (must have the same value as used during creation). The default is 24. -w sample_width The sample width (must have the same value as used during creation). The default is 24. The same information is shown, if opencv_performance is called without any arguments/options. EXAMPLES
To create training samples from one image applying distortions and show the results: opencv_performance -data trainout -info tests.dat SEE ALSO
opencv_createsamples(1), opencv_haartraing(1) More information and examples can be found in the OpenCV documentation. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> and Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). OpenCV May 2010 OPENCV_PERFORMANCE(1)