Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing arguments to interactive program through bash script, here document Post 302909550 by Corona688 on Thursday 17th of July 2014 02:27:31 PM
Old 07-17-2014
For the third time, use [code] instead of [icode] tags please. Moderators have been fixing your posts to make them legible.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a script

I've written a script (bgrep) for a more advanced grep command (& attached a cut down version below). I'm trying allow all grep options to be used, or in any combination. The script works fine if I type say bgrep -i -files product it will return a non-case sensitive list of matches for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass arguments to an interactive script

Hey guys, I have an interactive script that is quite critical to our production environmentl thus updating it to run non-interactively is not an option. The script takes a varying number of arguments, which it ques untill user confirm end of data entry e.g of user input : 1 2 y ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: geek.ksa
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make bash wrapper for java/groovy program with variable length arguments lists?

The following bash script does not work because the java/groovy code always thinks there are four arguments even if there are only 1 or 2. As you can see from my hideous backslashes, I am using cygwin bash on windows. export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing arguments to external script

Hi! I have a python script that requires arguments and these arguments are file paths. This script works fine when executed like this: /my_python_script "file_path1" "file_path2" (i added quotes as some file names may have weird characters) the issue happens when i launch my python script... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments from a bash shell script to a command

I'm pretty new to bash scripting and I've found myself writing things like this (and the same with even more nesting): if $CATEGORIES; then if $LABEL_SLOTS; then $pyth "$wd/texify_grammar.py" "$input" "$texfile" "--label-slots" "--categories" "$CATEGORY_LIST" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: burbly
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to an interactive script?

I've tried to find a solution to this, but I"m stumped. OS - RH Linux 5.9 I have a bash script <myProgram.sh> that gets executed manually and creates a small response file. I'm trying to automate the running of this script. When myProgram.sh runs, it prompts the user to enter 2 pieces of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a bash script

Hi, I wanted to pass an argument to a bash script. So that the argument is used inside the awk command inside the bash script. I know the noraml way of passing argument to a bash script as below : sh myScript.sh abc Inside the bash script i can use like this myArg1=$1 wc $myArg But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using here document when passing arguments

I have a script test.sh which reads various inputs from a user. #!/bin/ksh read x read y read z echo x: $x y: $y z: $z # read few more things again read a read b echo a: $a b: $b When i run this script as test.sh << EOF 1 2 EOF (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariesb2b
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments while running the script

Hi, I have a requirement for creating a MQ (queue) where the inputs has to be passed as arguments. Running the script as below ./hi.sh "Servername" "QueueManagername" "QueuecreationCommand" cat hi.sh echo "Welcome to $1" runmqsc $2 < $3 But the queue creation command is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Beginner at bash scripting - need help with passing arguments

I at the moment, making a simple bash script, capable of setting up an workspace for me, so i don't have to do it manually.. Problem is though i can't seem to provide the bash script any argument, without running into my error checks, checking for input... Here is the code: #!/bin/bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidi
7 Replies
BLAZE-REMOVE(1) 					    BlazeBlogger Documentation						   BLAZE-REMOVE(1)

NAME
blaze-remove - removes a post or page from the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-remove [-fipqPV] [-b directory] id... blaze-remove -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-remove removes a blog post or a page with the specified id from the BlazeBlogger repository. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-remove to remove a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-remove to remove a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Disables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. This is the default option. -i, --interactive Enables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. EXAMPLE USAGE
Remove a blog post: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 Successfully removed the post with ID 10. Remove a page: ~]$ blaze-remove -p 4 Successfully removed the page with ID 4. Remove multiple blog posts: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 4 6 Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. Remove multiple blog posts safely: ~]$ blaze-remove -i 10 4 6 Remove the post with ID 10 titled `Debian and Fedora Packages'? y Remove the post with ID 4 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.0 RC2'? y Remove the post with ID 6 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.1'? y Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-REMOVE(1)