Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identify failed file transfers during SFTP Post 302909500 by Corona688 on Thursday 17th of July 2014 11:14:07 AM
Old 07-17-2014
If you want to run commands remotely, ssh is your best bet. sftp is not a shell. Neither is scp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviktheory11
Hi achenle, as I've said in my first thread, using SFTP is a business requirement, and we can't help abiding by that.
Look -- sftp is scp. It's the same protocol. If a server supports sftp it supports scp and vice versa.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP error Assertion failed

I get this error when I try to FTP from an HP Alpha Server to a UNIX box. FATAL: BUILD13$:SSHFC_TRANSFER.C;1:1835 SshFCTransfer (function name unavailable) Assertion failed: tdata ->current_dest_file->attributes->flags & 0x00000004 the sftp /put fails just before it does the actual transfer.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoelSacay
2 Replies

2. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

3. AIX

to identify failed pv

Hi friends,.... am sindhiya, i have joined as AIX level 1 support. help me to identify the failed pv in vg which has some 4 physical volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sindhiya
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX ftp/sftp script monitor to failed logins

Hi All, Any idea on how to write a script on AIX 5.3 to monitor ftp or sftp login failed. Thanks and more power, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify failed disk in Linux RAID

Good Evening, 2 years ago, I set up an Ubuntu file-server for a friend, who is a photograph amateur. Basically, the server offers a software RAID-5 that can be accessed remotely from a MAC. Unfortunately, I didn't labeled the hard drives (i.e. which physical drive corresponds to the /dev/sdX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loic Domaigne
2 Replies

6. Programming

Automatic SFTP transfers using OpenSSH on Windows and C#

I would like to create console application in c# to automate the process of downloading some files from a SFTP server to my local hard drive at a set time each week/day. SFTP Server installed OpenSSH for windows and client machine also. Any ideas how I could do such a task? or sample code. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sufiiyan
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find whether a particular command has failed inside an sftp script?

hi, how can i know whether a command inside an sftp script has failed or not? i have a sftp expect script #!/usr/bin/expect spawn /usr/bin/sftp abc@ftp.abc.com expect "sftp>" send "cd dir\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput abc.txt\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput def.xls\r" expect "sftp>"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help: SFTP Error Handling for transfers

I am working on a shell script where after making sftp connection to a remote server the file are being transferred. The problem is how to capture return code for the file which is missing at the remote location. I have tried to capture the return code which return value of "0" even the transfer of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Failed to identify flash rom on Sunfire V240 running Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I have performed OBP & ALOM upgrade on V240 system. One of my system, running Solaris 10, having issue to identify flash rom during ALOM 1.6.10 version upgrade (OBP upgraded to latest one). May I know what the reason of this error and how can I fix it so I can upgrade ALOM using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp transfers file partially

Hi ALL, I have a shell script using except : #!/bin/bash HOST=abc.com USER=abc PASSWORD=123 SOURCE_FILE=file1.zip TARGET_DIR=/A/B/C /usr/bin/expect <<- EOF spawn /usr/bin/sftp $USER@$HOST expect "password:" send "$PASSWORD\r" expect "sftp>" send "cd patch1\n" ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asad
11 Replies
libssh2_sftp_unlink_ex(3)					  libssh2 manual					 libssh2_sftp_unlink_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_unlink_ex - unlink an SFTP file SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> int libssh2_sftp_unlink_ex(LIBSSH2_SFTP *sftp, const char *filename, unsigned int filename_len); int libssh2_sftp_unlink(LIBSSH2_SFTP *sftp, const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
sftp - SFTP instance as returned by libssh2_sftp_init(3) filename - Path and name of the existing filesystem entry filename_len - Length of the path and name of the existing filesystem entry Unlink (delete) a file from the remote filesystem. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_init(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_unlink_ex(3)