Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup software for AIX
Operating Systems AIX Backup software for AIX Post 302909472 by -=XrAy=- on Thursday 17th of July 2014 06:55:01 AM
Old 07-17-2014
Hi,

we used "CommVault Simpana" and "Symantec NetBackup" for Backups under AIX, but i can't tell you which one is less expensive. Both needs to be licensed.

Regards

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enterprise backup software

My company has been an OmniBack shop for about 2 years now. We use it to backup both Unix and NT servers as well as a Network Appliance Filer. For the most part it has sufficed for what we do. However, management is considering changing to another backup software. We are considering either staying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Software

I am new to unix. The backup software is not working on my unix server. If I try to open the software app, the window opens then closes right away. This machine was built by and setup by someone else. Does unix have its own backup software, and is there something I can try to access the backup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthonyp
2 Replies

3. AIX

Where i can find gmake software for AIX 5.2

Where i can find gmake software for AIX 5.2 Thanks Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamurugan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Software for UNIX systems

Hi, which software is recommended for backup of UNIX systems ( e.g. SUN, Solaris ). Backup software and database e.g. Oracle. One possibility is Networker, but license is expensive and also service contract. Best regards Dieter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhacodactylus
2 Replies

5. Solaris

backup software

dear friends, i am not a expert in solaris 10, i want to practice backup software . where from i can download backup software free . (EBS, legato or any ) please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
4 Replies

6. Solaris

backup software

Anyone have a recommendation for backup software either built in or third party? Simple is good. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
1 Replies

7. AIX

Linux software on AIX 5.3

Hi Team, On a client requirement, we need to install below Linux software on IBM AIX 5.3 operating system, Apache Maven 3.2.3 MySQL 5.1.73, Sonarqube 4.1.2, Apache Tomcat 7.0.42, Jenkins 1.549 Please tell us whether above tool versions are compatible to AIX 5.3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnr.simha23
4 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring software on IBM AIX

Hi, I am looking for monitoring software like Zabbix, to run it on AIX server. I have many problems with Zabbix and MySQL installation on AIX. I dont have IBM XL C/C++ compiler. Has anyone know similar solution like Zabbix that works on IBM AIX? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackbz
11 Replies
dxlicenses(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     dxlicenses(8)

NAME
dxlicenses - Adds, lists, issues, and deletes software product licenses SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dxlicenses DESCRIPTION
When you buy software, the vendor from which you purchase the software issues an agreement called a license, which gives you authorization to use the product. Most of the information required by the License Manager can be found on the Product Authorization Key (PAK), which is issued by Compaq when you purchase a software license. Use the License Manager application, dxlicenses, to: Add a licensed software product Modify a licensed software product List a licensed software product Issue a modified license product Delete a licensed software product The License Manager application can be invoked from the CDE Application Manager from the following categories: Application Group: System_Admin System Admin Subgroup: Daily Admin In License Manager, online help is available by clicking on any Help button or by using the Help pull-down menu. FILES
The License Manager application executable file The License Manager help volume The Directory containing License Manager application icons The License Manager defaults file that sets the default values for the X resources SEE ALSO
Commands: lmf(8), lmfsetup(8) Software License Management dxlicenses(8)