Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text processing using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text processing using awk Post 302909409 by dovah on Wednesday 16th of July 2014 05:43:31 PM
Old 07-16-2014
Something like this. But it really need a fix, it doesn't give the expected output.

PRE.cjk { font-family: "WenQuanYi Micro Hei",monospace; }PRE.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Hindi",monospace; }P { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }CODE.cjk { font-family: "WenQuanYi Micro Hei",monospace; }CODE.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Hindi",monospace; }A:link { }
Code:
$ awk '     FNR == NR {         a[$1] = $2;         next;     }     {         split($2,b,",");         split(a[$1],c,",");         for (i in b) {             if (b[i] in c) {                 printf("%s %s\t*\n",$1,a[$1]);next;             }}                 print $1, a[$1];      } ' file1 file2

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processing a text file

A file contains one name per line, such as: john doe jack bruce nancy smith sam riley When I 'cat' the file, the white space is treated as a new line. For example list=`(cat /path/to/file.txt)` for items in $list do echo $items done I get: john doe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text file processing

Hello! There is a text file, that contains hierarchy of menues, like: Aaaaa->Bbbbb Aaaaa->Cccc Aaaaa-> {spaces} Ddddd (it means that the full path is Aaaaa->Cccc->Ddddd ) Aaaaa-> {more spaces} Eeeee (it means that the full path is Aaaaa->Cccc->Ddddd->Eeeee ) Fffffff->Ggggg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alias47
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

text processing ( sed/awk)

hi.. I have a file having record on in 1 line.... I want every 400 characters in a new line... means in 1st line 1-400 in 2nd line - 401-800 etc pl help. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk text processing

Hi Very much appreciate if somebody could give me a clue .. I undestand that it could be done with awk but have a limited experience. I have the following text in the file 1 909 YES NO 2 500 No NO . ... 1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
8 Replies

6. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text columns processing using awk

P { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }CODE.cjk { font-family: "WenQuanYi Micro Hei",monospace; }CODE.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Hindi",monospace; }A:link { } I'm trying to build an awk statement to print from a file (file1): A 1,2,3 * A 4,5,6 ** B 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovah
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with text processing

I have an Input file which has a series of lines(which could vary) followed by two blank lines and then another series of lines(Could be any number of lines) followed by two blank lines and then repeats. I need to use filters to convert the following input file(which is an example) to an output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text processing

Hi, Need an advise on $ cat test.txt START field1 field2 field3 field4 field5 field6 END 12345|6|1|2|3|4|111|119 67890|6|1|3|8|9|112|000 $ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getmilo
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for text processing

Hi,my file is in this format ", \"symbol\": \"Rbm38\" } ]" I want to convert it to a more user readable format _id pubmed text symbol 67196 18667844 Overexpression of UBE2T in NIH3T3 cells significantly promoted colony formation in mouse cell cultures Ube2t 56190 21764855 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: biofreek
3 Replies
funindex(1)							SAORD Documentation						       funindex(1)

NAME
funindex - create an index for a column of a FITS binary table SYNOPSIS
funindex <switches> <iname> [oname] OPTIONS
NB: these options are not compatible with Funtools processing. Please use the defaults instead. -c # compress output using gzip" -a # ASCII output, ignore -c (default: FITS table)" -f # FITS table output (default: FITS table)" -l # long output, i.e. with key value(s) (default: long)" -s # short output, i.e. no key value(s) (default: long)" DESCRIPTION
The funindex script creates an index for the specified column (key) by running funtable -s (sort) and then saving the column value and the record number for each sorted row. This index will be used automatically by funtools filtering of that column, provided the index file's modification date is later than that of the data file. The first required argument is the name of the FITS binary table to index. Please note that text files cannot be indexed at this time. The second required argument is the column (key) name to index. While multiple keys can be specified in principle, the funtools index process- ing assume a single key and will not recognize files containing multiple keys. By default, the output index file name is [root]_[key].idx, where [root] is the root of the input file. Funtools looks for this specific file name when deciding whether to use an index for faster filtering. Therefore, the optional third argument (output file name) should not be used for funtools processing. For example, to create an index on column Y for a given FITS file, use: funindex foo.fits Y This will generate an index named foo_y.idx, which will be used by funtools for filters involving the Y column. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funindex(1)