Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command to replace two character pattern with another pattern Post 302909339 by vivek d r on Wednesday 16th of July 2014 08:03:02 AM
Old 07-16-2014
thanks :-) its working.. not able to copy paste again. hence attaching file. The page just expires if i copy paste something :-(

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace character in a string pattern and save the change in same file

I am facing one problem, can any one please suggest me the command for the same in unix. I am using Ksh. I have a large file with the data that looks like below. "ROTO2-2007f","_US01","9/15/2007","9/21/2007",346492,"NICK, LCD WATCH"97,1,"NAPOLITJ ","BERGER,M Z & CO INC",0.01, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihir0011
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Search Pattern and Replace with the Pattern

Hello All, I have a string "CP_STATUS OSSRC_R6_0_Shipment_R1H_CU AOM_901046 R1H_LLSV1_2008031", and I just want to extract LLSV1, but I dont get the expected result when using the sed command below. # echo "CP_STATUS OSSRC_R6_0_Shipment_R1H_CU AOM_901046 R1H_LLSV1_2008031" | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace the last pattern using sed?

myfile: AAAaaa BBBbbb CCCccc AAAeee DDDddd how to replace the last AAA as EEEEE using sed? like this: AAAaaa BBBbbb CCCccc EEEEEeee DDDddd (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Replace using sed or awk

Hi , My file have data like 4:ALMOST NEVER PR 1925836 5:NEVER PR W DDA 5857610 6:NEVER PR WO DDA 26770205 but i want to replace the spaces before last numric digits out put should be like this 4:ALMOST NEVER PR=1925836 5:NEVER PR W DDA=5857610 6:NEVER PR WO... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command to replace with pattern except for text and closing parentheses

Can someone help me with a sed command: There will be multiple occurences in a file that look like this: MyFunction(12c34r5) and I need to replace that with just the 12c34r5 for every occurrence. The text between the parentheses will be different on each occurrence, so I can't search for that.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: missb
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk/perl command to replace pattern in multiple lines

Hi I know sed and awk has options to give range of line numbers, but I need to replace pattern in specific lines Something like sed -e '1s,14s,26s/pattern/new pattern/' file name Can somebody help me in this.... I am fine with see/awk/perl Thank you in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani777
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed replace pattern

I have a file with multiple lines, all in the same format. For each line, I need to replace the sequence of digits after the last : with a new value, but keep the single quote at the end of the line. Example: Input: ( two lines of file) Name: 'text1:200/text2:1.2.3.4' Name2:... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner101
19 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Search for a pattern and replace a space at specific position with a Character in File

In file, we have millions of records each of 1000 in length. And at specific position say 800 there is a space, we need to replace it with Character X if the ID in that row starts with 123. So far i have used the below which is replacing space at that position to X but its not checking for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagmeet Singh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
App::Nopaste::Command(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				App::Nopaste::Command(3pm)

NAME
App::Nopaste::Command - command-line utility for App::Nopaste nopaste - command-line utility to nopaste DESCRIPTION
This application will take some text on STDIN and give you a URL on STDOUT. You may also specify files as arguments, they will be concatenated together into one large nopaste. OPTIONS
-d, --desc The one line description of your paste. The default is usually the first few characters of your text. -n, --name Your nickname, usually displayed with the paste. Default: $NOPASTE_NICK then $USER. -l, --lang The language of the nopaste. The values accepted depend on the nopaste service. There is no mapping done yet. Default: perl. -c, --chan The channel for the nopaste, not always relevant. Usually tied to a pastebot in that channel which will announce your paste. -s, --services The nopaste services to try, in order. You may also specify this in $NOPASTE_SERVICES (space-separated list of service names, e.g. "Shadowcat Gist"). -L, --list List available nopaste services. -x, --copy If specified, automatically copy the URL to your clipboard, using the Clipboard module. -p, --paste If specified, use only the clipboard as input, using the Clipboard module. -o, --open If specified, automatically open the URL using Browser::Open. Browser::Open tries a number of different browser commands depending on your OS. --private If specified, the paste access will be restricted to those that know the URL. -q, --quiet If specified, do not warn or complain about broken services. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-26 App::Nopaste::Command(3pm)