Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop through file and replace with sed Post 302909271 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 15th of July 2014 09:44:00 PM
Old 07-15-2014
With other quote type and standard sed syntax
Code:
sed '/#KEYWORD/a\
email = "'"${line}"'"' file2 > file3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the file using sed

I have file with 70 lines. I want to add 'SLV' at the starting of the line if the line has first character as 0 or 1 or 2 or ..9 Nothing else has to be changed in the file. Please anyone advice. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to replace the a string in the same file using sed?

How do i replace a string using sed into the same file without creating a intermediate file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed save changes to same file in loop

I have got problems saving sed changes to the same file in a loop. Basically I want the delimited value in every line of the file to be set to blank according to the value stored in var. var can be changed anytime. I do not have sed -i and i've tried to mv the file. Any other ideas? My file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a certain string in a file and replace it with a value from another file using sed/awk?

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and new to sed/awk programming too !! I need to find particular string in file1(text file) and replace it with a value from another text file(file2) the file2 has only one line and the value to be replaced with is in the second column. file 1: (assert (=... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
21 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace file name extension in loop

Hi! I have this shell script that I need to finish. Currently I need to fix one line to make it work. I need to change a file extension. See this code, is pretty simple. #!/bin/sh # Extensions OLD_EXT=.flv NEW_EXT=.mp4 COUNT_FILES=$(ls -l *$OLD_EXT | grep ^- | wc -l) if ; then ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulsorock
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED with variable to replace strings in while loop

Hi guys, Hi have this input (Menu.xml)<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <breakfast_menu> <food> <name>Berry-Berry Belgian Waffles</name> <price>$8.95</price> <calories>900</calories> </food> <food> <name>French Toast</name> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to replace / in text file

Hi, I want to use sed to replace " /// " with "///" in a text file. However I am getting error messages when I use sed 's/ /// /////g' input.txt > output.txt. How do I go about doing this in sed? Input: 219518_s_at 0.000189 ELL3 / SERINC4 Output: 219518_s_at 0.000189 ELL3/SERINC4 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed, replace variables in file

Hi Everyone, I need some help with sed and I'm totally new to it. I have a template file with variables in it. These variables start with a '$' sign and are exactly one character long (plus the '$' sign). For example: $a, $b, etc. Each variable should be replaced with the contents of a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: csarli2006
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace inside file

How can I change the comma sign (,) to plus sign (+) with the sed command or any regex? I mean to change only the comma that beteen the quotation marks. From this file: A,B,C A,"B,C",D "A,B",C,D A,B,"C,D" To this file: A,B,C A,"B+C",D "A+B",C,D A,B,"C+D" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elior
6 Replies
MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MERGE(1)

NAME
merge - three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
merge [ options ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
merge incorporates all changes that lead from file2 to file3 into file1. The result ordinarily goes into file1. merge is useful for com- bining separate changes to an original. Suppose file2 is the original, and both file1 and file3 are modifications of file2. Then merge combines both changes. A conflict occurs if both file1 and file3 have changes in a common segment of lines. If a conflict is found, merge normally outputs a warning and brackets the conflict with <<<<<<< and >>>>>>> lines. A typical conflict will look like this: <<<<<<< file A lines in file A ======= lines in file B >>>>>>> file B If there are conflicts, the user should edit the result and delete one of the alternatives. OPTIONS
-A Output conflicts using the -A style of diff3(1), if supported by diff3. This merges all changes leading from file2 to file3 into file1, and generates the most verbose output. -E, -e These options specify conflict styles that generate less information than -A. See diff3(1) for details. The default is -E. With -e, merge does not warn about conflicts. -L label This option may be given up to three times, and specifies labels to be used in place of the corresponding file names in conflict reports. That is, merge -L x -L y -L z a b c generates output that looks like it came from files x, y and z instead of from files a, b and c. -p Send results to standard output instead of overwriting file1. -q Quiet; do not warn about conflicts. -V Print RCS's version number. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 for no conflicts, 1 for some conflicts, 2 for trouble. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Manual Page Revision: 1999-08-27; Release Date: 23:37:10Z. Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 Walter F. Tichy. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 Paul Eggert. SEE ALSO
diff3(1), diff(1), rcsmerge(1), co(1). BUGS
It normally does not make sense to merge binary files as if they were text, but merge tries to do it anyway. GNU
23:37:10Z MERGE(1)