Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove a line based on contents of the first column? Post 302909253 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 15th of July 2014 04:29:34 PM
Old 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by protocomm
Code:
awk -F";" '{if($1 !~ /[aA]/){print $0}}' file

With implicit if and default print:
Code:
awk -F";" '$1 !~ /[aA]/' file

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 07-15-2014 at 05:36 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines based on contents of another file

So, this issue is driving me nuts! I was hoping to get a lending hand here... I have 2 files: file1.txt contains: this is example1 this is example2 this is example3 this is example4 this is example5 file2.txt contains: example3 example5 Basically, I need a script or command to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashshadow1979
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate line detail based on column one data

My input file: AVI.out <detail>named as the RRM .</detail> AVI.out <detail>Contains 1 RRM .</detail> AR0.out <detail>named as the tellurite-resistance.</detail> AWG.out <detail>Contains 2 HTH .</detail> ADV.out <detail>named as the DENR family.</detail> ADV.out ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

move contents from one file to another based on line number or content

I want a script that will move everything beyond a certain line number or beyond a certain content word into another file. For example, if file A has this: first line second line third line forth line fifth line sixth line I want to run a script that will move everything beyond the third... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robp2175
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to remove duplicates based on key in first column and pattern in last column

Given a file such as this I need to remove the duplicates. 00060011 PAUL BOWSTEIN ad_waq3_921_20100826_010517.txt 00060011 PAUL BOWSTEIN ad_waq3_921_20100827_010528.txt 0624-01 RUT CORPORATION ad_sade3_10_20100827_010528.txt 0624-01 RUT CORPORATION ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicates based on single column

Hello, I am new to shell scripting. I have a huge file with multiple columns for example: I have 5 columns below. HWUSI-EAS000_29:1:105 + chr5 76654650 AATTGGAA HHHHG HWUSI-EAS000_29:1:106 + chr5 76654650 AATTGGAA B@HYL HWUSI-EAS000_29:1:108 + ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines based on column value

Hi All, I just need a quick fix here. I need to delete all lines containing "." in the 6th column. Input: 1 1055498 . G T 5.46 . 1 1902377 . C T 7.80 . 1 1031540 . A G 34.01 PASS 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hkins552
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating many files based on a specific column contents

Dear all, I have many files(.csv) in a directory. I want to concatenate the files which have similar entries in a particular column and save into a new file like result_datetime.csv etc. One example file is like below. Sno,Step,Data1,Data2,Data3 etc. 1,0,2,3,4 2,1,3,4,5 3,2,0,1,1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove column based on the same value

Hello, I have some problem to remove the columns which have the duplicate value of -9 which is in every row except -9 in some row. Input file showed in below : Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 Col6 A 1 A -9 0 -9 B 2 T -9 -9 -9 C 3 D -9 1 -9 D 4 R -9 2 -9 Output should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: awil
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Computing difference based on line contents

I have the following awk script set up to copy the contents of a line that contains 0008 in each line that contains values of 1895 through 2012. awk -v OFS=" " '{val=0+substr($1,length($1)-3,4);if(val==0008){print;$1=x;y=$0}else{if(val>=1895&&val<=2012){print $1 y}else{print}}}' Output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove or rename based on contents of file

I am trying to use the two files shown below to either remove or rename contents in one of those files. If in file1.txt $5 matches $5 of file2.txt and the value in $1 of file1.txt is not "No Match" then that value is substituted for all values in $5 and $1 of file2.txt. If however in $1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
delch(3XCURSES) 					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					   delch(3XCURSES)

NAME
delch, mvdelch, mvwdelch, wdelch - remove a character SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int delch(void); int mvdelch(int y, int x); int mvwdelch(WINDOW *win, int y, int x); int wdelch(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
The delch() and wdelch() functions delete the character at the current cursor position from stdscr and win, respectively. All remaining characters after cursor through to the end of the line are shifted one character towards the start of the line. The last character on the line becomes a space; characters on other lines are not affected. The mvdelch() and mvwdelch() functions delete the character at the position specified by the x and y parameters; the former deletes the character from stdscr; the latter from win. PARAMETERS
y Is the y (row) coordinate of the position of the character to be removed. x Is the x (column) coordinate of the position of the character to be removed. win Is a pointer to the window containing the character to be removed. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bkgdset(3XCURSES), insch(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 delch(3XCURSES)