Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to set up remote X Windows on AIX ? Post 302909195 by SteAlma on Tuesday 15th of July 2014 10:40:07 AM
Old 07-15-2014
Hi Bakunin,
I tried this command on the client (AIX) and it displayed this :

Code:
>xhost +
1356-200 xhost unable to open display "10.0.0.9:0"

any ideas ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Do I need to remote after installation of s/w and set the env variable

Hi, I have installed ODWEK software on AIX box and set the environment variables like: PATH,LIBPATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH,CLASSPATH. My question here is do I need to reboot the system to take these changes or is there anyother workaround. I heard that there is 'export'. But I don't know how far it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srangu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set variables on remote system

Hi, I try to run a script on remote systems with ssh it should execute a command, read values from stdout, use it as input for a loop and works with this variable on remote system but the variable isn't working, I guess because export, echo , or the loop itself are shell builtins and not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
2 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to set remote printer in AIX

Hi all, I am a beginner in AIX. I am facing a problem with remote printing in AIX. HP laser jet 1320 printer is connected to a printer server (PCI Mini - 100U3), which is configured as remote printer from AIX server. But I am not able to print from the AIX server by using "lp -d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rainy
0 Replies

4. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript on AIX to download file from windows to AIX

i require the shell script that is running on the AIX to download a file from Windows desktop to the location where the shell script resides onthe AIX system. I have used the below code: but it throwing the error as below.please help me at the earliest to resolve the issue. error message :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvkc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to login with other set of credentials while remote logging?

Below is the code. I need to login into the router if the 1st set of credentials are correct.. if wrong... then it has to check with 2nd set of credentials.. => if the credentials are correct... then it should continue.. => if the credentials are wrong(should not check for 2nd time... then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
0 Replies

7. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to explore recursively remote windows path from AIX

Hi all, I am using Perl 5.8.8 on an Aix 6.1.0.0 to script a program which will retrieve files recursively on a remote Windows 2003 server and copy some of them on my Aix server. MobaSSH is installed on that windows server. When I used scp on the command line, it works fine, but not in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DOS/VB script of Remote Windows Server from AIX

Hi We use to run DOS and VB script in Windows Server . Now the requirement is to trigger the same script from AIX server by shell script , thus it would be executed in Remote Windows Server . Is it possible ( though SSH or any other way ) ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourajit Seth
2 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
XHOST(1)						      General Commands Manual							  XHOST(1)

NAME
xhost - server access control program for X SYNOPSIS
xhost [[+-]name ...] DESCRIPTION
The xhost program is used to add and delete host names or user names to the list allowed to make connections to the X server. In the case of hosts, this provides a rudimentary form of privacy control and security. It is only sufficient for a workstation (single user) environ- ment, although it does limit the worst abuses. Environments which require more sophisticated measures should implement the user-based mechanism or use the hooks in the protocol for passing other authentication data to the server. OPTIONS
Xhost accepts the following command line options described below. For security, the options that affect access control may only be run from the "controlling host". For workstations, this is the same machine as the server. For X terminals, it is the login host. -help Prints a usage message. [+]name The given name (the plus sign is optional) is added to the list allowed to connect to the X server. The name can be a host name or a complete name (See NAMES for more details). -name The given name is removed from the list of allowed to connect to the server. The name can be a host name or a complete name (See NAMES for more details). Existing connections are not broken, but new connection attempts will be denied. Note that the current machine is allowed to be removed; however, further connections (including attempts to add it back) will not be permitted. Reset- ting the server (thereby breaking all connections) is the only way to allow local connections again. + Access is granted to everyone, even if they aren't on the list (i.e., access control is turned off). - Access is restricted to only those on the list (i.e., access control is turned on). nothing If no command line arguments are given, a message indicating whether or not access control is currently enabled is printed, fol- lowed by the list of those allowed to connect. This is the only option that may be used from machines other than the controlling host. NAMES
A complete name has the syntax ``family:name'' where the families are as follows: inet Internet host (IPv4) inet6 Internet host (IPv6) dnet DECnet host nis Secure RPC network name krb Kerberos V5 principal local contains only one name, the empty string si Server Interpreted The family is case insensitive. The format of the name varies with the family. When Secure RPC is being used, the network independent netname (e.g., "nis:unix.uid@domainname") can be specified, or a local user can be specified with just the username and a trailing at-sign (e.g., "nis:pat@"). For backward compatibility with pre-R6 xhost, names that contain an at-sign (@) are assumed to be in the nis family. Otherwise they are assumed to be Internet addresses. If compiled to support IPv6, then all IPv4 and IPv6 addresses returned by getaddrinfo(3) are added to the access list in the appropriate inet or inet6 family. The local family specifies all the local connections at once. However, the server interpreted address "si:localuser:username" can be used to specify a single local user. (See the Xsecurity(7) manual page for more details.) Server interpreted addresses consist of a case-sensitive type tag and a string representing a given value, separated by a colon. For exam- ple, "si:hostname:almas" is a server interpreted address of type hostname, with a value of almas. For more information on the available forms of server interpreted addresses, see the Xsecurity(7) manual page. The initial access control list for display number n may be set by the file /etc/Xn.hosts, where n is the display number of the server. See Xserver(1) for details. DIAGNOSTICS
For each name added to the access control list, a line of the form "name being added to access control list" is printed. For each name removed from the access control list, a line of the form "name being removed from access control list" is printed. SEE ALSO
X(7), Xsecurity(7), Xserver(1), xdm(1), xauth(1), getaddrinfo(3) ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display to use. BUGS
You can't specify a display on the command line because -display is a valid command line argument (indicating that you want to remove the machine named ``display'' from the access list). The X server stores network addresses, not host names, unless you use the server-interpreted hostname type address. If somehow you change a host's network address while the server is still running, and you are using a network-address based form of authentication, xhost must be used to add the new address and/or remove the old address. AUTHORS
Bob Scheifler, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science, Jim Gettys, MIT Project Athena (DEC). X Version 11 xhost 1.0.5 XHOST(1)