Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need to understand CPU capping in Zones Post 302909183 by sb200 on Tuesday 15th of July 2014 07:41:30 AM
Old 07-15-2014
Thanks Jim for explaining it

Now one last question is that in case of capped-cpu where I have put the value of 1 for ncpu parameter means 1 minute of CPU time will be allocated to 1 or more number of any cpus but total time will be 1 minute of CPU time as in my case it was showing three cpus. am I right?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 : Memory Capping Query

Hi Folks, Im running solaris 10 8/07 and im trying to set up some memory capping within zones for the system project. ie. zone1# cat /etc/project system:0::::rcap.max-rss=41943040 user.root:1:::: noproject:2:::: default:3:::: group.staff:10:::: zone2# cat /etc/project... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevagreene
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capping output redirection log file length

I am trying to write a script which will output notifications to a logfile, but I would like to cap the logfile to, let's say, 200 lines. Specifically I am using custom firmware, DD-wrt, on my router and I am implementing a script to connect to my work vpn. I have a loop that pings a computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemommasfat
2 Replies

5. Solaris

In Solaris Zones Dedicated-Cpu Performance?

Hi All, While creating zone we will mention min and max cpu cores, like add dedicated-cpu set ncpus=NUM_CPUS_MIN-NUM_CPUS_MAX end Ques1: Suppose thing that non global zone uses only minimum cores at particular time What the other cores will do, Will it shared to global zone? Ques:2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

6. Solaris

cpu- requirements for non-global zones

Hello Admins, Does anyone has any idea on how to assign no. of cpu and memory to non-global zones on solaris 10..... We have few zones in our environment. We wanted to assign memory and no of cpu's ..(e.g. 4Gb / 2 CPU's) Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 - capping CPU

Hi all I've purchased a T3-1 server. The T3-1 has a 16 core CPU. I want to create a zone to install an Oracle DB server in. Due to Oracle licensing issues I want to limit the zone to 8 cores. I've done some research and it seems there are 2 ways of setting a CPU core limit for a zone. 1. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Resource Capping Help!

Hi guys. Quick question for some hopefully ;-) When using resource capping (for CPU in this case). If a container is restricted to use a single CPU/core, are the other containers intelligent enough to know that they have fewer CPU's available to them? My question relates to a T2000 which... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: boneyard
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Memory capping Solaris 11.3

I want to allocate RAM : 64GB (Dedicated allocation) Swap : 8GB Please assist and recommend the correct capping values capped-memory: physical: XXG Had allocated physical=64GB, Swap=8GB, and locaked 16GB and found my non-global zone were unable to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
1 Replies
CGGET(1)							 libcgroup Manual							  CGGET(1)

NAME
cgget - print parameter(s) of given group(s) SYNOPSIS
cgget [-n] [-v] [-r <name>] [-g <controller>] [-a] <path> ... cgget [-n] [-v] [-r <name>] -g <controller>:<path> ... DESCRIPTION
Prints the parameter(s) of input cgroup(s). If neither controller nor variable are specified, the values of all possible variables are displayed. <path> is the name of the cgroup which should be read. This parameter can be used multiple times. -a, --all print the variables for all controllers which consist in the given cgroup -g <controller> defines controllers whose values should be displayed. This option can be used multiple times. -g <controller>:<path> defines control groups whose values should be displayed. This option can be used multiple times. -h, --help display help and exit -n do not print headers, i.e. names of groups. -r, --variable <name> defines parameter to display. This option can be used multiple times. -v, --values-only print only values, not parameter names. EXAMPLES
$ cgget -r cpuset.cpus -r cpuset.mems first second first: cpuset.cpus=0-1 cpuset.mems=0 second: cpuset.cpus=0 cpuset.mems=0 $ cgget -n -r cpuset.cpus -r cpuset.mems first second cpuset.cpus=0-1 cpuset.mems=0 cpuset.cpus=0 cpuset.mems=0 $ cgget -nv -r cpuset.cpus -r cpuset.mems first second 0-1 0 0 0 $ cgget -n -g cpu / cpu.rt_period_us=1000000 cpu.rt_runtime_us=950000 cpu.shares=1024 ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CGROUP_LOGLEVEL controls verbosity of the tool. Allowed values are DEBUG, INFO, WARNING or ERROR. SEE ALSO
cgrules.conf (1), cgcreate (1), cgget (1) Linux 2010-01-18 CGGET(1)