Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SunOS5.10 and SuSe Linux Enterprise Post 302909122 by rzrv15 on Monday 14th of July 2014 03:22:59 PM
Old 07-14-2014
SunOS5.10 and SuSe Linux Enterprise

OK, I've been thrown into an issue at my company where the security folks want password aging turned on for their limited NIS environment.

The config is a SunOS5.10 (Solaris 10) Master with several slaves and several SuSe Enterprise Server 11 Clients.

What I'm looking to understand is will the SuSe Client accept and allow users to changes their password if I enable it. I would try this in a lab, but there's no LAB here (yet).

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer and what I need to watch out for.

Doug

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

How to configure Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0 for sending mails to smtp server...???

Hi All, I have a system running with Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0. xyz# uname -a Linux xyz 2.4.21-291-smp #1 SMP Tue May 24 14:07:45 UTC 2005 i686 unknown I would like to configure postfix on this system for sending mails as a root user using "mail" command to smtp server (Windows System)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
5 Replies

2. SuSE

LKCD for suse linux enterprise server 8

Hi, I have installed LKCD using lkcdutils pakage through Yast install and remove applications. I have used enterprise server cd for installation. But I did not found any service of lkcd like /etc/init.d/boo.lkcd there. if we dont have this servers lkcd dump can not be saved at dump... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Suse Linux enterprise 10 - booting problem

Hi, It was happened to close my laptop without proper shutdown due to power failure with USB device connected to it. (removed the USB after shut down) After this incident, I was not able to boot my suse linux OS. Initial study reveals that the device is not unmounted properly and shows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prabhu V
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

SUSE Linux Enterprise 12

Is there any SUSE enterprise 12 x86_32 version available? I have SUSE enterprise 12 x86_64 and I am unable to compile 32 programs in that. It looks to be that gcc compiler (32 bit) does not come with SUSE 12. How can I get that? Regards, George (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: George47
6 Replies

5. SuSE

Suse enterprise server installation help

hello All, good day to you. could you tell me is there any way I can download SUSE lunux enterprise server trail version ? I want to install sap application over it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
1 Replies
pwconv(1M)																pwconv(1M)

NAME
pwconv - install, update or check the /etc/shadow file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command installs or appends with information from or checks for any discrepancies between the contents of the two files. The command without options does the following: 1. Creates the file if it does not exist; otherwise, it removes all entries for usernames which are not present in 2. For each entry in move the encrypted password and aging information to Entries in which have no encrypted password or aging information will not overwrite information in 3. Writes an "x" in each password field of the file, to indicate that the password and aging information reside in the file. The command relies on a special value of "x" in the password field of A value different from "x" will prompt to move the password and aging information into the corresponding fields of and then replace the password field in with an "x". If no aging information exists in for a user, none will be added to However, the last change field, which indicates when the password was last modified, will always be updated (default is current date). See shadow(4). Options The following options are recognized: Verbose output. Test mode. prints error information but does not modify nor Notes The command can only be used by the superuser. HP recommends running before See pwck(1M). A system which has been converted to a trusted system has no file. In this case, can be used with no options to update the secure password facility to reflect any changes made in the file. RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: Successful completion. Conversion error occurred. WARNINGS
HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. FILES
system password file shadow password file secure password facility SEE ALSO
pwck(1M), pwunconv(1M), passwd(4), shadow(4). pwconv(1M)