Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Port forwarding to windows rdp Post 302909030 by genius90 on Monday 14th of July 2014 02:55:57 AM
Old 07-14-2014
Port forwarding to windows rdp

I need assistance with a port forwarding related problem.

Code:
   ssh root@adress.com -p2222 -L 3389:192.168.0.10:3389

Have to connect to this 192.168.0.10 ip via rdp standard port from my windows machine.

I got the linux command which should work but I just don't know how to use it properly in windows via putty?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables: forwarding a port

I've been googling for a while now, trying to forward port 3000 to port 80.... In the past I used to DLink router to forward port 3000 to 80. I recently finished (well, is it ever done anyhow?) setting up my linux box and got it acting as a router. I want to continue to run Apache on port 80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeps
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

port forwarding

Hi, I have to install an application that has a built in tftp server. Tftp comes in on port 69. As i am not installing this application as a root user i am running into trouble because only the root user can listen to ports < 1024. So changing the port i listen to to one greater than 1023 isn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imloaded24_7
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Port forwarding

Hi I want to set up port forwarding from one network to another network. I already have this configured on the Linux box using iptables. iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth1 --dport 1521 -j DNAT --to 10.218.146.230 iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -i eth1 -d 10.218.146.230 -j ACCEPT ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

SSH Port Forwarding - sharing the same port

Hi Linux/Unix Guru, I am setting Linux Hopping Station to another different servers. My current config to connect to another servers is using different port to connect. e.g ssh -D 1080 -p 22 username@server1.com ssh -D 1081 -p 22 username@server2.com Now what I would like to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

port forwarding from unix to windows

Hi, can anyone please tell me how can i do port forwarding from unix box to windows box. Which command will be used for this one. thanks in advance. Arpit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thearpit
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Is there a way to use windows RDP with red hat 6

Besides installing VNC on the red hat server which i know i can do, is there any RDP servers (using the windows rdp client) to remote control a red hat 6.2 server? Thanks in advance for this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

VPN ssh access over RDP port?

Guys, Can I use an open RDP port to gain ssh access to my Linux server running the other side of our firewall? I work from home on the odd occasion, we only have RDP port 3389 available once logged into the VPN. I would rather ssh into my workstation without the need for a desktop display. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Port forwarding issue

hi guys i have a simple question ! i have two ips . a valid and internal(172.16.11.2) i want to use port forwarding to forward any request to valid IP port 8001 to internal ip port 80 . i use this rule : sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1 iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhs
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help on port forwarding please..

Hi experts, We have windows machine ( A ) in one network & 2 Linux Servers ( B & C ) in another network. There is a firewall between these 2 networks and SSH (TCP/22) & HTTPS (TCP/443) are allowed from A to B only (but not to C). There is no personal firewall / iptables running on any machine.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Port Forwarding not working

Hello Gurus, I have configured port forwarding at router. But after configuration I am not able to connect the computer from outside/Over internet/Remote desktp from other computer. Could you please advice? Thanks- Pokhraj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
2 Replies
SOCKET-CONTEXT-OPTIONS(3)						 1						 SOCKET-CONTEXT-OPTIONS(3)

Socket context options - Socket context option listing

Socket context options are available for all wrappers that work over sockets, like tcp, http and ftp.

o $bindto
		-  Used to specify the IP address (either IPv4 or IPv6) and/or the port number that PHP will use to access the network. The syntax
		is ip:port for IPv4 addresses, and [ip]:port for IPv6 addresses. Setting the IP or the port to 0 will let the system choose the IP
		and/or port.

Note

As FTP creates two socket connections during normal operation, the port number cannot be specified using this option.

o $backlog
		- Used to limit the number of outstanding connections in the socket's listen queue.

Note

This is only applicable to stream_socket_server(3).

+--------+-----------------+
       |Version |		  |
       |	|		  |
       |	|   Description   |
       |	|		  |
       | 5.3.3	|		  |
       |	|		  |
       |	|  Added backlog. |
       |	|		  |
       | 5.1.0	|		  |
       |	|		  |
       |	|  Added bindto.  |
       |	|		  |
       Example #1

Basic $bindto usage example

<?php
	      // connect to the internet using the '192.168.0.100' IP
	      $opts = array(
		  'socket' => array(
		      'bindto' => '192.168.0.100:0',
		  ),
	      );

// connect to the internet using the '192.168.0.100' IP and port '7000'
	      $opts = array(
		  'socket' => array(
		      'bindto' => '192.168.0.100:7000',
		  ),
	      );

// connect to the internet using the '2001:db8::1' IPv6 address
	      // and port '7000'
	      $opts = array(
		  'socket' => array(
		      'bindto' => '[2001:db8::1]:7000',
		  ),
	      );

// connect to the internet using port '7000'
	      $opts = array(
		  'socket' => array(
		      'bindto' => '0:7000',
		  ),
	      );

// create the context...
	      $context = stream_context_create($opts);

// ...and use it to fetch the data
	      echo file_get_contents('http://www.example.com', false, $context);

?>

PHP Documentation Group 												 SOCKET-CONTEXT-OPTIONS(3)