Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH- Hold script until all contents of a file is written Post 302908930 by Corona688 on Friday 11th of July 2014 02:59:51 PM
Old 07-11-2014
It is the application's job to tell you when it is done. It's very difficult and unreliable to try and detect the other way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing contents of files from a bash script

I'm writing a shell script and I need to replace the contents of a configuration file based on what is passed to the script...can I replace expressions in a file from a bash shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HumanBeanDip
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hangman written in Bash. Suggestions please...

qwertyuiop (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash copy file contents into an existing file at a specific location

Hi all I need to copy the entire contents of one file into an existing file at a specific location. I know the exact line number where I need to put it. It appears I would use either sed or awk to do this, but I have been unsuccessful so far: File A line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gshepherd7
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most reliable way to store file contents in an array in bash

Hi Guys, I have a file which has numbers in it separated by newlines as follows: 1.113 1.456 0.556 0.021 -0.541 -0.444 I am using the following code to store these in an array in bash: FILE14=data.txt ARRAY14=(`awk '{print}' $FILE14`) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for help with parsing file contents in bash [newbie]

Hi I'm just messing around with bash and trying to learn it because I have a course next semester dealing with OS design where we need to know how to use SSH client and either bash or ksh. I've never done shell scripting before. I just started today and I was wondering how parsing files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehungry
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed's hold-space to filter file contents

I wrote an awk script to filter "uninteresting" commands from my ~/.bash_history (I know about HISTIGNORE, but I don't want to exclude these commands from my current session's history, I just want to avoid persisting them across sessions). The history file can contain multi-line entries with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivanbrennan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash command to find a file and print contents

I need to find a file and print its contents I am trying but it is not working find -path /opt/app-root/src/.npm/_logs -type f -name "*.log" -print Version $ bash -version GNU bash, version 4.4.12(1)-release (x86_64-pc-msys) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SVRao19056
1 Replies
faxrm(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual							  faxrm(1)

NAME
faxrm - remove fax jobs queued by faxspool(1) SYNOPSIS
faxrm [-i] [job-ids...] DESCRIPTION
Remove job(s) from the fax queue set up by faxspool(1). faxrm removes queued fax jobs. Call with a list of job-IDs to remove specific jobs. Call with no job IDs to be asked interactively about all jobs you own (if run by root, all jobs). For job-id, use the strings returned by faxq(1) (e.g. F000015), without the ``/JOB'' exten- tion. If you are not the owner of the fax job (as per the 'user xyz' statement inside the JOB file), you are not allowed to remove the fax job. Only root is permitted to remove another user's faxes. If the job is locked (most likely because sendfax(8) is active sending it), faxrm doesn't attempt to remove it. Instead, it prints a warn- ing message on stderr and goes on to the next job. EXAMPLES
faxrm F000005 F000033 OPTIONS
-i (interactive mode) Tells faxrm to ask for confirmation before removing the job (UNIMPLEMENTED). BUGS
faxrm doesn't return diagnostic exit codes yet. SEE ALSO
faxrunq(1), faxrunq(8), faxspool(1), faxq(1), faxqueue(5) AUTHOR
faxrm is Copyright (C) 1993-2002 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>. greenie 23 Nov 02 faxrm(1)