Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with netstat traffic server command Post 302908881 by Samee on Friday 11th of July 2014 04:50:44 AM
Old 07-11-2014
No not faced error but not sure whether the $2 and $3 are the correct value for the value expected. $2 is rec-q and $3 is send-q.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat command between clustered hosts

I have 2 clustered hosts, is it possible for me to issue a netstat command against 1 host from the other ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphyboy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LAN traffic rerouting to web server

Hello. I am not sure where to post this and would appreciate any moderator help in moving this to the area where it is most applicable. Thank you. I've posted these questions in a couple different forums, but have not received any answers about what I am doing wrong. I would appreciate any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Fal
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netstat command

Hi.., Now, I am reading about the netstat command and its implementation. I have doubts in some options and its functionalities, natstat - M (Which is described as display masqueraded connections), what it means? What is Forwarding Information Base.?(--fib) Thanks in advance,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netstat command query

hy guys, I did netstat and it is listening, what can i do from the client side that to see if the port is open? Regards Charneet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charneet
1 Replies

5. Solaris

nestat on server involved in high traffic network

Hi All My Server is doing a very intense netowrk traffic operations and the cards are under very high pressure. I need to call NETSTAT on the shell. Do you know whether this command, under high pressure, might have some impact on the server traffic or can I proceed without any problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy mail traffic to several server for a domain

Hello, everybody! I have a MX server (sendmail) and old pop3 server, I installed a zimbra server and I want to receive mail traffic to several mail server (old and Zimbra). How I do it on Postfix(Zimbra if will be a MX for my domain) or Sendmail? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rezonans
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat command

Hi, In my project we use sftp with batch mode (password less) script in parallel for 14 sessions which connects to 2 different servers alternatively i.e. 7 connects to one server say server1 and the other 7 connects to say server 2. Now the problem is that these 14 sessions are run in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Amount of Network Traffic info from netstat output

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how much traffic has been generated and received from netstat -s output (using Linux). I can see the output shows packet counts and Octet values, how would I correctly calculate how much traffic in and how much out? My output below: Ip: 88847576 total... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with a netstat command

Do I have this command correct to show all current connections/sessions my Solaris box has? It does not seem to do anything. netstat -an | grep EST (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
slattach(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       slattach(8)

NAME
slattach - Attaches a serial line to a network interface SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/slattach [{+|-} {c|e|i}] ttyname [baudrate] DESCRIPTION
The slattach command assigns a tty line to a network interface, allowing terminal devices to communicate across a network. The ttyname argument is the name of any valid tty device in /dev. This can be either the full path name (for example, /dev/tty01) or the name in /dev (for example, tty01). The optional baudrate argument is used to set the speed of the connection. The default speed is 9600 baud. The tty line is attached to the first available network interface (sl0, sl1, already be configured with the local and remote addresses of each end of the SLIP connection (see ifconfig(8)). Only a person with superuser authority can attach a network interface. To detach the interface, use the ifconfig interface_id down command after terminating the slattach process. interface_id is the name that is shown by the netstat command. FLAGS
Enables (+) or disables (- TCP header compression. Enables (+) or disables (- automatic TCP header compression. If enabled and the remote system is using TCP header compression, TCP header compression is automatically enabled on the local system. If both local and remote sys- tems have enabled this flag, TCP header compression is not used. One system must force the use of TCP header compression. Enables (+) or disables (- ICMP traffic suppression. If enabled, ICMP traffic (like that generated by ping(8)) is not allowed to pass over the SLIP con- nection. When the system is booted, all flags are initially disabled. Once a flag is enabled, it remains enabled until the system is rebooted or until another slattach command is issued with the flag disabled. NOTES
The slattach command requires the Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP), which the kernel must support. If making a SLIP connection to another Tru64 UNIX system, both systems must run slattach. If making a SLIP connection to a system not running the Tru64 UNIX operating system, the other system must support the SLIP protocol. EXAMPLES
To attach a tty device to a network interface, enter: /usr/sbin/slattach /dev/tty01 4800 This command attaches tty01 to a network interface to be used by the Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP). The connection speed is 4800 baud. To attach a tty device to a network interface at 19200 bits per second (bps), with TCP header compression enabled and ICMP traffic suppres- sion disabled, enter: /usr/sbin/slattach +c -i /dev/tty01 19200 FILES
Specifies the command path Contains the slattach process ID RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: netstat(1), ifconfig(8) Specifications: SLIP is described in RFC1055. TCP header compression is described in RFC1144. delim off slattach(8)