Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sorting script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting script Post 302908880 by leveex on Friday 11th of July 2014 04:07:56 AM
Old 07-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikK45
use $NF --> Last field of the processing line
But this is only for last word in line
so for example if the file is called
brown lazy fox jumped_over.mov
$NF
Code:
mv: rename jumped_over.mov to /Volumes/xsan/ARHIVA/SNIMANJA/2014/test/2/2014/Apr/14/jumped_over.mov: No such file or directory

I have tried and $10 $NF
but in that case
Code:
mv: rename brownjumped_over.mov to /Volumes/xsan/ARHIVA/SNIMANJA/2014/test/2/2014/Apr/14/brownjumped_over.mov: No such file or directory

Tried {print $10,$11,$12,$13,$14,$15}') and this when use echo is "working"
Code:
mv brown lazy fox jumped_over.mov /Volumes/xsan/ARHIVA/SNIMANJA/2014/test/2/2014/Apr/14
mv jumped_over.mov /Volumes/xsan/ARHIVA/SNIMANJA/2014/test/2/2014/Jul/11

but when trie without echo it looks like this
Code:
mv: rename brown to /Volumes/xsan/ARHIVA/SNIMANJA/2014/test/2/2014/Apr/14/brown: No such file or directory
mv: rename lazy to /Volumes/xsan/ARHIVA/SNIMANJA/2014/test/2/2014/Apr/14/lazy: No such file or directory
mv: rename fox to /Volumes/xsan/ARHIVA/SNIMANJA/2014/test/2/2014/Apr/14/fox: No such file or directory
mv: rename jumped_over.mov to /Volumes/xsan/ARHIVA/SNIMANJA/2014/test/2/2014/Jul/11/jumped_over.mov: No such file or directory

Last edited by leveex; 07-11-2014 at 11:37 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting in a script

Hello, I have a situation where I have filenames with timestamps like abc20060509452313.txt i need the most recent file, and i am using this command in the script: recent_file=`ls ${Location}/$file*| head -1` where $Location is the directory and $file is the base filename like abc. When i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anujairaj
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

need unix script for sorting

Hi All, I am new to unix,please help me on the following its urgent I have 2 question 1 question I need a script for following senario I have get some files in directory by using grep i need to sort all files to new files for example (abc.dat --> abc.dat.sort) ex:grep *050508* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgreddy2020
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting Windows Directories using Korn script.

I have a directory called test, which contains multiple sub directories namely TF80A, TF80B, TF80C. I need to sort these directories by name, so in the above case TF80A Is the oldest and TF80C is the latest. Is there a ksh script that would loop through the directories and sort these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amadhani
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove default data hash sorting in perl script?

Hi, I have a datahash with 'n' number of values in perl script. I am writing a xml file from the datahash. I am getting output with sorting(Field sorting). My question is that i don't want any default sorting.whatever i am inserting into datahash it should give same xml file. Any help? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Script, sorting and getting average of file

Hi I am trying to get a bourne shell script to sort a file for me. Here is what i currently have: #/bin/sh echo "Name Exam1 Exam2 Exam3 Total Grade" > final.txt awk -f 9.awk grades.txt | sort +4 -5 >> final.txt #BEGIN {printf "Name\tExam1\tExam2\tExam3\tTotal\tGrade";} { ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DualPandas
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for sorting out an input

<order>10.08.0</order> <order>11.02.0</order> <order>11.02.1</order> <order>11.02.2</order> <order>11.02.4</order> <order>11.02.5</order> <order>11.02.6</order> <order>11.04.0</order> <order>11.04.1</order> <order>11.04.2</order> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi level sorting script

I want to sort like below Suppose few lines in a file is like this systemid:ABC messagedestination:batchxpr replytoqname: myca systemid:BCD messagedestination:realtime replytoqname: myca systemid:ABC messagedestination:realtime replytoqname: eac systemid: BCD messagedestination:mqonline... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srkmish
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting lines based on keywords for MySQL script

the thing which i require is very very complex.. i tried hard to find the solution but couldnt.. the thing i need to achieve is say i have a file cat delta.sql CREATE VIEW Austin Etc etc . . . CREATE VIEW Barabara AS SELECT blah blah blah FROM Austin z, Cluster s, Instance i WHERE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script: Sorting by column using grep/awk

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: You will write a script that will read a tab-separated file that contains the names of all 50 states &... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tburns517
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sorting in shell script

Hi, I have the following list: 42A 42AA 42B 42BB 42AAA 42BBB 49A 49AA 49B 49AAA 49BB I need it to be sorted as following: 42A 42B (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamtejaswi
2 Replies
LVSCAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 LVSCAN(8)

NAME
lvscan - scan (all disks) for Logical Volumes SYNOPSIS
lvscan [-a|--all] [-b|--blockdevice] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
lvscan scans all known volume groups or all supported LVM block devices in the system for defined Logical Volumes. The output consists of one line for each Logical Volume indicating whether or not it is active, a snapshot or origin, the size of the device and its allocation policy. Use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain more-comprehensive information about the Logical Volumes. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --all Include information in the output about internal Logical Volumes that are components of normally-accessible Logical Volumes, such as mirrors, but which are not independently accessible (e.g. not mountable). For example, after creating a mirror using 'lvcreate -m1 --mirrorlog disk', this option will reveal three internal Logical Volumes, with suffixes mimage_0, mimage_1, and mlog. -b, --blockdevice This option is now ignored. Instead, use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain the device number. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8) lvs(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVSCAN(8)