Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with netstat traffic server command Post 302908876 by Samee on Friday 11th of July 2014 03:55:48 AM
Old 07-11-2014
netstat 2000 >monitor.txt

awk 'BEGIN { print "Type\t\tSource Site\t\tDestination Site\t\tTotal Traffic Size\t\tCycle\t\tRate\n--------------------"; }
{print $1,"\t\t",$4,"\t\t",$5,"\t\t",%5.2f,"\t\t",2000,"\t\t",%5.2f(($2+$3)/1024)/$2000\n ;}
END{print "completed" ;}' >

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat command between clustered hosts

I have 2 clustered hosts, is it possible for me to issue a netstat command against 1 host from the other ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphyboy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LAN traffic rerouting to web server

Hello. I am not sure where to post this and would appreciate any moderator help in moving this to the area where it is most applicable. Thank you. I've posted these questions in a couple different forums, but have not received any answers about what I am doing wrong. I would appreciate any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Fal
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netstat command

Hi.., Now, I am reading about the netstat command and its implementation. I have doubts in some options and its functionalities, natstat - M (Which is described as display masqueraded connections), what it means? What is Forwarding Information Base.?(--fib) Thanks in advance,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netstat command query

hy guys, I did netstat and it is listening, what can i do from the client side that to see if the port is open? Regards Charneet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charneet
1 Replies

5. Solaris

nestat on server involved in high traffic network

Hi All My Server is doing a very intense netowrk traffic operations and the cards are under very high pressure. I need to call NETSTAT on the shell. Do you know whether this command, under high pressure, might have some impact on the server traffic or can I proceed without any problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy mail traffic to several server for a domain

Hello, everybody! I have a MX server (sendmail) and old pop3 server, I installed a zimbra server and I want to receive mail traffic to several mail server (old and Zimbra). How I do it on Postfix(Zimbra if will be a MX for my domain) or Sendmail? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rezonans
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat command

Hi, In my project we use sftp with batch mode (password less) script in parallel for 14 sessions which connects to 2 different servers alternatively i.e. 7 connects to one server say server1 and the other 7 connects to say server 2. Now the problem is that these 14 sessions are run in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Amount of Network Traffic info from netstat output

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how much traffic has been generated and received from netstat -s output (using Linux). I can see the output shows packet counts and Octet values, how would I correctly calculate how much traffic in and how much out? My output below: Ip: 88847576 total... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with a netstat command

Do I have this command correct to show all current connections/sessions my Solaris box has? It does not seem to do anything. netstat -an | grep EST (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
HEAD(1) 							   User Commands							   HEAD(1)

NAME
head - output the first part of files SYNOPSIS
head [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Print the first 10 lines of each FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE, precede each with a header giving the file name. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --bytes=[-]K print the first K bytes of each file; with the leading '-', print all but the last K bytes of each file -n, --lines=[-]K print the first K lines instead of the first 10; with the leading '-', print all but the last K lines of each file -q, --quiet, --silent never print headers giving file names -v, --verbose always print headers giving file names --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit K may have a multiplier suffix: b 512, kB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, GB 1000*1000*1000, G 1024*1024*1024, and so on for T, P, E, Z, Y. GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report head translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie and Jim Meyering. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for head is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and head programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'head invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 HEAD(1)