Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HELP for my script
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers HELP for my script Post 302908863 by rajubollas on Friday 11th of July 2014 02:25:58 AM
Old 07-11-2014
Can you try this i am not root user to test this on my environment
Code:
#!/bin/bash

clear
add_user() {
PS3="Enter your choice> "
select i in "Current Logins" "Last Logins" "Generate List of Users" "Create User Accounts" "Exit"
do

case $i in
"Current Logins") who;;
"Last Logins") lastlog;;
"Generate List of Users") awk -F':' '{ print $1}' /etc/passwd;;
"Create User Accounts") add_user;;
Exit) exit;;

*) echo "Invalid choice";;
esac 
done
}

This User Gave Thanks to rajubollas For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
PWAUTH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 PWAUTH(8)

NAME
pwauth - authenticator for mod_authnz_external and the Apache HTTP Daemon SYNOPSIS
pwauth DESCRIPTION
Pwauth is an authenticator designed to be used with mod_auth_external or mod_authnz_external and the Apache HTTP Daemon to support reason- ably secure web authentication out of the system password database on most versions of Unix. Particulary - secure authentication against PAM. The simplest test pwauth is to start a root shell and just run pwauth. It will attempt to read the login and password from standard input, so type a login name, hit return, then type a password, and hit return (the password will echo on your screen). The check the status code that was returned (in csh: "echo $status" in sh: "echo $?"). If the login/password were correct you should get a zero status code. If not, you will get some other value. See below the list of status codes to find the meaning of the various values returned. Any values 50 or greater indicate a configuration error. STATUS CODES
0 STATUS_OK Login OK. 1 STATUS_UNKNOWN Nonexistant login or (for some configurations) incorrect password. 2 STATUS_INVALID Incorrect password (for some configurations). 3 STATUS_BLOCKED Uid number is below MIN_UNIX_UID value configured in config.h. 4 STATUS_EXPIRED Login ID has expired. 5 STATUS_PW_EXPIRED Login's password has expired. 6 SSTATUS_NOLOGIN Logins to system have been turned off (usually by /etc/nologin file). 7 STATUS_MANYFAILES Limit on number of bad logins exceeded. 50 STATUS_INT_USER pwauth was invoked by a uid not on the SERVER_UIDS list. If you get this error code, you probably have SERVER_UIDS set incorrectly in pwauth's config.h file. 51 STATUS_INT_ARGS pwauth was not given a login & password to check. The means the passing of data from mod_auth_external to pwauth is messed up. Most likely one is trying to pass data via environment variables, while the other is trying to pass data via a pipe. 52 STATUS_INT_ERR one of several rare and unlikely internal errors occurred. You'll have to read the source code to figure these out. 53 STATUS_INT_NOROOT pwauth was not able to read the password database. Usually this means it is not running as root. (PAM and login.conf configurations will return 1 in this case.) AUTHOR
pwauth was written by Jan Wolter <jan@unixpapa.com>. This manual page was written by Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2009-05-02 PWAUTH(8)