Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Subtract minutes from date
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Subtract minutes from date Post 302908768 by vrupatel on Thursday 10th of July 2014 08:47:40 AM
Old 07-10-2014
Subtract minutes from date

Hi,

I am reading a particular date from a file using below command

Code:
WFLWDATE=$(sed '2q;d' FileA.prm)

The echo command outputs the correct date in variable WFLWDATE

Now I want to subtract 5 minutes from this variable. I am on AIX and unable to get anything working as expected.

Can you please suggest?

- Vrushank Patel

---------- Post updated at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:38 AM ----------

On this forum I was provided the below code to get 5 minutes subtracted. But this subtracted is from system date. I want to subtract from a variable

Code:
$(perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime);print scalar(strftime "%Y-%m-%d-%H.%M.%S" , localtime(time - 300)), "\n";' )

-Thanks
Vrushank Patel

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract two date in unix

I Have a long file like this 123122312 05/06/12 123123456 05/06/14 I want to take the difference of dates in two lines & print difference sidewise for the whole long files. Pl help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanand
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

subtract minutes from time

i have the time 20100421043335 in format (date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S),and i want to be able to get the previous time 2 minutes ago,which is 20100421043135 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Extract 12 hour time, convert to 24 and subtract 15 minutes?

OK, I am by no means a programmer... I have been given the task to do some automation scripts. I have got most of it working from snippets I have found on the Web. One requirement has me stumped. The initial timing file created by the user is a comma delimited in the following format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: autotuner
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to subtract time by 10 minutes in datecalc tool

Hi guys. I am trying to subtract 10 minutes from the current Unix system date and time. I have the datecalc provided here but it is mainly the date and not the time. Please check on how can i subtract 10 minutes from the current time using datecalc or any other shell scripting that will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bantiloe
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding hours and minutes to current date (Only to date not to time)

Hi, I want to add some hours and minutes to the current date. For example, if the current date is "July 16, 2012 15:20", i want to add 5 hours 30 minutes to "July 16, 2012 00:00" not to "July 16, 2012 15:20". Please help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojgarg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add or Subtract the hours,minutes or seconds in the the time variable

Hello All, I am working on script where I need to add hours,minutes or seconds in the time.Time is not the current but it could be future time.I thought I can store that time in variable and add hours.minutes or second but I am not able to add that in the time that is stores in a variable. Time... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract date in a loop

I have a file with name and date--- $ cat file.log userA 01-06-2014 userB 25-05-2014 userC 16-05-2014 userC 01-03-2014 I want to search for the current date and get the name for that date. If current date is not found, go back 1 day and search and so on till it finds the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagesh_1985
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract a file's modification date with current date

SunOS -s 5.10 Generic_147440-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise Hi, In a folder, there are files. I have a script which reads the current date and subtract the modification date of each file. How do I achieve this? Regards, Joe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanbi
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)