Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print occurrences for pattern match Post 302908679 by decci_7 on Wednesday 9th of July 2014 01:18:04 PM
Old 07-09-2014
Thanks Yoda. This is what I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
Use regexp:-
Code:
grep -o "[^ ]*myfile[^ ]*" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

match pattern 1 and print or match pattern 2 and print

hi all basically i have file called rules which contain lines like below /usr/bwmgr/utils/bwmgr em1 -x 735 -name user92 -addr 10.10.201.92 -addrmsk 255.255.255.252 -bwout 1024000 -bwin 2048000 -statsdevice user92 -stats /usr/bwmgr/utils/bwmgr em1 -x 45032 -name user246 -addr 10.10.224.246... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines before and after pattern match

I am using Solaris, I want to print 3 lines before pattern match pattern 5 lines after pattern match Pattern is abcd to be searched in a.txt. Looking for the solution in sed/awk/perl. Thanks .. Input File a.txt: ================= 1 2 3 abcd 4 5 6 7 8 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to match a pattern and print only the pattern and after that

Hi, I am writing a shell script to parse some files, and gather data. The data in the files is displayed as below. .......xyz: abz: ...... .......xyz: abz: ..... I have tried using awk and cut, bu the position of these values keep changing, so I can use awk and split it into columns. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serena
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only next pattern in a line after a pattern match

I have 2013-06-11 23:55:14 1Umexd-0004cm-IG <= user@domain.com I need sed/awk operation on this, so that it should print the very next pattern only after the the pattern mach <= ie only print user@domain.com (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only match pattern

Hi, I want to print the lines from file1 which has the matching pattern from file2 in linux. file1 data is below ----------------- CACA|1234 CA|2345 file2 data is below ----------------- CA NC TX Now I want to print the lines from file1 for the values present in file2. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ureddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed REGEX to print multiple occurrences of a pattern from a line

I have a line that I need to parse through and extract a pattern that occurs multiple times in it. Example line: getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vidhyaprakash
4 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3)