Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular Expression repeat pattern Post 302908671 by Perderabo on Wednesday 9th of July 2014 12:40:13 PM
Old 07-09-2014
Try this:
Code:
$ cat nums
$ grep -e  "^[0-9]\{3,6\}$" nums
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression to exclude pattern

Hi All I am using regular expressions to determine how to group certain data. I've included an example of the data below. USD_SPTR_2Y_725.5_PUT_EUROPEAN_09Q1|USD||European| CAD_NDX_10Yx1Y_5.5_PUT_EUROPEAN_09Q1|CAD||European| The regular expressions I am using is as follows and this is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin2502
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk + pattern search with regular expression

Hi , I have a file with "|" (pipe) as a delimeter. I am looking for the record count where 5th field is a number with 15 digit length only. all the records with above requirement is valid rest all are invalid. I need count of valid records and invalid records. Can anyone please help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikash_k
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate date pattern using Regular Expression

Hi, i am java guy and new to unix. I want to validate date pattern using Regex expression here is the sample program i have written. #!/bin/sh checkDate="2010-04-09" regex="\\d{4}-\\d{2}-\\d{2}\$" echo $regex if ] then echo "OK" else echo "not OK" fi But the ouput is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate time pattern using regular expression

Hi, I am new to scripting. please help me in validating the user entered time Pattern Here is the program #!/bin/bash validateTimeFormat() { checkTime=$1 timePattern="::" if ] then echo "Valid time pattern" return 1 else echo "InValid time pattern" return -1 fi } echo "Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression for Random pattern

What would be the regular expression that can search for a Pattern, having 8 characters out of which atleast 1 digit, 1 lower case, 1 upper case letter and 1 special character must be there. But these can occur at any place randomly. Please help me out. I'm using find $dir -name "*.txt" -exec... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep Kr.
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

8. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search (regular expression in UNIX)

Hello , Could anyone help me to define the string in regular expression way . Below is my string \rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss Helv;}{\f1\fnil MS Sans Serif;}} {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\cf1\lang1033\f0\fs16 The string will always start as \rtf1 and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
6 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)