Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If && command giving wrong output Post 302908456 by srkmish on Tuesday 8th of July 2014 02:40:35 AM
Old 07-08-2014
Thanks guys, all the answers helped.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this sed command? delete & append

I want to write a sed command that does the following work: file: <a>asdfasdf<\s> <line>hello</line> <b>adf<\c> <b>tttttttt<\c> output: name=hello sed -e 's/^*//' -n -e '/<line>/s/<*>//gp;' -e 's/^/name="/g' file but I can not append "=" after getting the line with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort command giving wrong output

Hi all, I have a problem with sort command. i have a file which looks like this: "file1 1073 java/4 1073 java/180 1073 java/170 1073 java/176 1073 java/167 1073 java/40 1073 java/33 1073 java/136 28988 java/76 28988 java/73 28988 java/48 28988 java/26" and i want to sort... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep 10 && command doesn't work

Hi there, I found a trick to easily postpone a command by a few seconds: supernova:~# sleep 10 && command &If you logout, the command should still be executed... But not all the time. Could anyone of you explain me why the following command is executed even after logging out: supernova:~# sleep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr command giving wrong output

Hi All, i have a file which have many fields delimited by ,(comma) now i have to show only few fields and not all. the sample text file looks like this: TYPE=SERVICEEVENT, TIMESTAMP=05/06/2009 11:01:40 PM, HOST=sppwa634, APPLICATION=ASComp, FUNCTION=LimitsService, SOU... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with call of Java Programm & return code handling & output to several streams.

Hello Everybody, thanks in advance for spending some time in my problem. My problem is this: I want to call a java-Programm out of my shell skript, check if die return code is right, and split the output to the normal output and into a file. The following code doesn't work right, because in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danifunny
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] BASH - chaining TEST and COMMAND with && and II

Can you explain what this line of script is doing. What I have understood is : -- variable C is the name of a software which is either not installed, so it must be installed or allready installed and then should be update if newer version found -- branch B="$B $C" is to install the software --... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check & use output of svcs command

Hello Dear Friends, I need to check output of svcs command and so the status of some instances. -bash-3.00$ svcs -a | grep rfe online Aug_04 svc:/application/rfe/rfe_master_3:default online Aug_04 svc:/application/rfe/rfe_master_4:default as you can see there are two... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input while another command is running &&

This script runs tshark, then displays the output. I want to read a keypress at all times throughout this script, especially during the 10 seconds that tshark is running. This code however, only takes input before tshark runs. #!/bin/bash main() { while (( "1" == "1" )) ; do keypress &&... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiah07
3 Replies
MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)						   Games Manual 						  MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)

NAME
mog - Maze of Galious SYNOPSIS
mog DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mog command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. mazeofgalious is a is a very adictive game where you have to kill thousands of enemies, collect items in order to obtain new powers, and defeat some really great guys at the end of each level. You are free to go everywhere you want from the beginning of the game, you have to choose very carefully the order in which you visit all the rooms in the huge map if you want to keep your character to stay alive. The map is structures in a main map (called the castle), and 10 submaps (called the worlds), initially you are in the castle, and you have to find the keys that open the doors to go to each of the worlds. To complete the game, you have to defeat the boss at the end of each one of the 10 worlds. You are free to revisit each world as often as you want, in order to see if you have missed something. To defeat all 10 beasts, you control two characters: Popolon and Aphrodite, and each one has special abilities, i.e. Popolon has a greater ability to jump and Aphrodite is able to dive. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gurkan Sengun <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). March 26, 2005 MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)