Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can cron be modified via a script? Post 302908425 by newbie_01 on Monday 7th of July 2014 08:41:04 PM
Old 07-07-2014
Can cron be modified via a script?

Hi,

From time to time, I have a cron job that I have to enable/disable/enable/disable. I just want to know if there is any way to insert cron entries or do this to enable/disable bit via a script instead.

It seems 'safer' to do this via a script rather than manual? I think Smilie or is this such a bad idea Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help: find and modified files script

hello all im a newbie in the linux world ..i have just started creating basic scripts in linux ..i am using rhel 5 ..the thing is i wanted to create a find script where i could find the last modified file and directory in the directory given as input by the user and storing the output in a file so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ZIP Script modified - Help

Hello, I got this script that read directories, create a zip and put logfile into the zip. dir=/iscsi/webserver231/; for subdir in "$dir"/*/; do find "$subdir" -type f -name 'ex??????.log' -exec bash -c 'for f; do f=${f##*/ex}; echo "${f%??.log}"; done' - {} + | sort -u | while read date;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joinup
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to use the last modified filename in a variable

Forgive me if this is a trivial question, but I haven't been able to find the answer to this. Basically I've got a list of files in a particular directory that have the general form t_*.dat. (I have other files in the same directory as well). Essentially what I want to do is obtain the name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check when cron is modified

Hi all, We use cron "/usr/rdl/sc/cccron" to execute our jobs. But sometimes it is being changed. but we are not sure when it is changed. how could we find when cron is modified. i checked cron by giving ls -l . but it is showing 2009 year. ls -l /usr/rdl/sc/cccron -r-xr-xr-x 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divakar
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find when cron is modified

Hi all, We use cron "/usr/rdl/sc/cccron" to execute our jobs. But sometimes it is being changed. but we are not sure when it is changed. how could we find when cron is modified. i checked cron by giving ls -l . but it is showing 2009 year. ls -l /usr/rdl/sc/cccron -r-xr-xr-x 1... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check when cron was modified

Hi all, We use cron "/usr/rdl/sc/cccron" to execute our jobs. But sometimes it is being changed. but we are not sure when it is changed. how could we find when cron is modified. i checked cron by giving ls -l . but it is showing 2009 year. ls -l /usr/rdl/sc/cccron -r-xr-xr-x 1... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to FTP a modified file

Hello, I am fairly new to shell scripting. I see a lot of examples out there of how to find if a file has been modified within a certain period of time. What I'm looking for help with is a script that will run and I'm thinking check for the last 24 hours but if not just check at runtime to see... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PyroPlasm
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies
DLM_CONTROLD(8) 							dlm							   DLM_CONTROLD(8)

NAME
dlm_controld - dlm cluster control daemon SYNOPSIS
dlm_controld [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The kernel dlm requires a user daemon to manage lockspace membership. dlm_controld manages lockspace membership using corosync cpg groups, and translates membership changes into dlm kernel recovery events. dlm_controld also manages posix locks for cluster file systems using the dlm. OPTIONS
Command line options override a corresponding setting in dlm.conf(5). For default settings, see dlm_controld -h. --daemon_debug | -D enable debugging to stderr and don't fork --foreground don't fork --log_debug | -K enable kernel dlm debugging messages --protocol | -r str dlm kernel lowcomms protocol: tcp, sctp, detect --debug_logfile | -L write debugging to log file --enable_plock | -p 0|1 enable/disable posix lock support for cluster fs --plock_debug | -P enable plock debugging --plock_rate_limit | -l int limit rate of plock operations (0 for none) --plock_ownership | -o 0|1 enable/disable plock ownership --drop_resources_time | -t int plock ownership drop resources time (milliseconds) --drop_resources_count | -c int plock ownership drop resources count --drop_resources_age | -a int plock ownership drop resources age (milliseconds) --post_join_delay | -j int seconds to delay fencing after cluster join --enable_fencing | -f 0|1 enable/disable fencing --enable_concurrent_fencing 0|1 enable/disable concurrent fencing --enable_startup_fencing | -s 0|1 enable/disable startup fencing --enable_quorum_fencing | -q 0|1 enable/disable quorum requirement for fencing --enable_quorum_lockspace 0|1 enable/disable quorum requirement for lockspace operations --fence_all str fence all nodes with this agent --unfence_all enable unfencing self with fence_all agent --help | -h print this help, then exit --version | -V Print program version information, then exit SEE ALSO
dlm_tool(8), dlm.conf(5) dlm 2012-04-05 DLM_CONTROLD(8)