Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX with 2 Net Interfaces lose connectivity Post 302908225 by bakunin on Friday 4th of July 2014 04:31:43 PM
Old 07-04-2014
This sounds quite strange.

First, do you have a VIOS or are you using HEAs in your LPAR?

Second, do you have any "energy saving" enabled in your system profiles? Believe it or not, there is such a thing and the hardware might find it worthwhile to switch off a (seemingly) adapter to conserve energy.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SFTP problem AIX

I am having an issue while trying to run the Net::SFTP module. I have been able to install this on several machines before but have never had this problem. When I am running a simple script to test the sftp it dies but does not trigger the print statement for my error. The last line is in red. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kofs79
0 Replies

2. Solaris

list of physical net interfaces

hi, Can I listdown all available net interfaces on my system like SF4800 or Netra440. I know there are 4 port physically present but I can't see or list them using either sysdef -v prtconf -vp prtdiag -v dladm kstat may be I'm missing switched on these or may some other command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running C#.NET program in AIX?

Hi Guys Am new in UNIX environment I was asked by my boss to write a program that transfer files from the AIX server to the Wintel Server. I have written the program in C# windows which does almost the same thing. So how to run the C# program in UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michmsk
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to run C#.NET in AIX

Hi Guys Am new in UNIX environment I was asked by my boss to write a program that transfer files from the AIX server to the Wintel Server. I have written the program in C# windows which does almost the same thing. So how to run the C# program in UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michmsk
1 Replies

5. AIX

Connectivity from WIndows to AIX

Hi, We have installed oracle on a AIX machine and when we try to connect to AIX machine from oracle client installed on a windows machine or do a telnet to AIX machine on 1521 port , it throws an error connection refused on port 1521 , where all the ports and firewalls are open from windows to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityakp123
2 Replies

6. AIX

ODBC Connectivity between Oracle10g on AIX and Mainframe

Hi, I have a task of setting up connectivity between Oracle 10g (AIX) and Mainframe (1 library). Went through couple of documents, forums, blogs etc. MY understanding is ODBC Generic Connectivity is free from Oracle side. Question: (may be dumb to you) 1. Has anybody done this and would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvmani_1
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Interfaces and Virtual-interfaces queries

Hi Al, In course of understanding networking in Solaris, I have these doubts on Interfaces. Please clarify me. I have done fair research in this site and others but could not be clarified. 1. In the "ifconfig -a" command, I see many interfaces and their configurations. But I see many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
1 Replies

8. AIX

Udp_sendspace setting in AIX diff interfaces

Hey, would like to set udp_sendspace parameters in diferrent interface ent2 ent3 ent4 , no -p -o udp_sendspace=65536 just set on ent2 and chdev -l ent3 -a udp_sendspace=65536 doesn't work is that possible to set up this parameters by interface? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

9. AIX

Temporarily lose connection to AIX box

Hello All, I have a strange problem and I'm hoping someone can help. I honestly don't know where else to look. I have a number of AIX boxes in my environment and for some reason I would periodically lose connectivity to all services (except ping) to one of my boxes. It happens sporadically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies
EN(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     EN(4)

NAME
en -- device driver for Midway-based ATM interfaces SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device en device atm device utopia Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_en_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The en device driver supports Midway-based ATM interfaces including the Efficient Networks, Inc. ENI-155 and Adaptec ANA-59x0. Midway is an AAL5 SAR (Segmentation and Reassembly) chip. For configuring the card for IP see natmip(4). The following sysctls are recognized by the driver additionally to those handled by utopia(4): hw.atm.enX.istats Contains an array of uint32_t with internal driver statistics. hw.atm.enX.debug This is a bit map of debugging options. This variable is only available when the driver is compiled with debugging support. The driver supports the media options sdh, noscramb and unassigned (see utopia(4)). DIAGNOSTICS
en0 <Efficient Networks ENI-155p> rev 0 int a irq 5 on pci0:16 en0: ATM midway v0, board IDs 6.0, Utopia (pipelined), 512KB on-board RAM en0: maximum DMA burst length = 64 bytes en0: 7 32KB receive buffers, 8 32KB transmit buffers allocated SEE ALSO
natm(4), natmip(4), utopia(4), ifconfig(8), route(8) AUTHORS
Chuck Cranor of Washington University implemented en driver in 1996 for NetBSD. CAVEATS
The driver extensively uses DMA on PCI. The first generation PCI chipsets do not work or exhibit poor performance. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD