Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) I don't know how to put this, an Apple Audio HW bug? Post 302908213 by wisecracker on Friday 4th of July 2014 02:09:24 PM
Old 07-04-2014
Hi Corona688...

Quote:
And if it's buffered/amplified, why not use it to drive the LED directly?
Indeed. Leave it with me I already have a test piece I built years ago for my AMIGA so with a little jiggery pokery will see how it progresses... ;o)

Also just received this baby ready for Raspberry Pi, (Raspian):-

Sound Blaster Play! External USB Sound Card - Creative Labs (Asia)

Works out of the box on Linux Mint...
Yup, you guessed it I am going to attempt to include RP too! <Shock horror.>

It defaults to /dev/dsp and /dev/audio so gives me basic access.

Dunno if SOX installs/compiles on RP yet but at least /dev/dsp is a possibility...
Will know in the next few days... ;o)

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10,audio don't work and unrar needed

Hi, I'm here again for newbie questions :) I've installed Solaris 10 but audio don't work.I've a Realtek integrated peripheral,listed in Sun Hcl.The volume control is ok also.But nothing came from speakers. I need to install unrar also,I've download it from here Freeware for Solaris with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bgf0
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies
SPLAY(1)							Applications/Sound							  SPLAY(1)

NAME
splay - MPEG-1,2 Audio layer 1,2,3 file player SYNOPSIS
splay [-2VMfmrsv] [-k num] [-d dev] [-l list] [-t num] filenames... DESCRIPTION
Splay is the sound file player such as MPEG-1,2 Audio files. And you can play these files using list file. With pthread, it can play sound files smoother. OPTIONS
Splay has several options. -2 play MPEG-Audio files with half-frequency. If you use this option, you may play MPEG audio files with job which exhausts CPU very much. -f display info on played and remaining frames and time. -m force to mono. Play with mono even if file is in stereo. -r Repeat forever. If you -r with -s, list files are shuffled every time. -s Shuffle play. If you give list file or a number of files, Splay will rearrange them randomly. And with -r every time the order of files is changed. -v[v[v]] Verbose, Very verbose, Very very verbose. -M Play MPEG file from standard input. -V Show version number. -t num num of frames were saved during playing. When CPU is so busy and prevents splay from decoding, splay will play back using saved frames. This feature lets you do other job freely while listening to MPEG music. -k num num of frames are skipped at the start of playing. -d dev Change device file. Default device file is /dev/dsp. If you can't use this device file or you can output raw type data to file, you can use this option. If the first character of dev is / , dev would be considered as device file, If the first character of dev is - , dev would be considered as standard output, otherwise dev would be considered as normal file. -l list Select list file. http:// can be used. (e.g. http://localhost/abc.m3u) filenames You can put several files, and use http:// If you use -l option, these will be ignored. by Woo-jae Jung Aug 3 1997 SPLAY(1)