Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract entire para instead of just line? Post 302908128 by SriniShoo on Thursday 3rd of July 2014 11:52:40 PM
Old 07-04-2014
Put the below code in script.sh
Code:
awk '/^Handle/ {print ""}1' "${1}" | awk '$0 ~ pat' pat="${2}" RS=

and run the script as below
Code:
./script.sh file.txt "System Information"

output:
Code:
$ ./script.sh file.txt "System Information"
Handle 0x0001
        DMI type 1, 27 bytes.
        System Information
                Manufacturer: VMware, Inc.
                Product Name: VMware Virtual Platform
                Version: None
                Serial Number: VMware-50 2a 97 c6 3e 64 b4 f5-ec 9f 59 78 f3 5d                                                                                         13 6a
                UUID: 502A97C6-3E64-B4F5-EC9F-5978F35D136A
                Wake-up Type: Power Switch
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture entire line in ps command

I need to determine what processes are running at certain times of the day. I have a script that issues the /usr/ucb/ps aux command and captures it to a file. I want to see the cpu usage and memory usage. This command lops off the end of the of the display line so I can't see the entire... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep entire statement not just line

(extract from SQL binlog file...) # at 4960 #080801 14:35:31 server id 4 end_log_pos 195 Query thread_id=63121426 exec_time=0 error_code=0 use d_jds; SET TIMESTAMP=1217581531; UPDATE bid_details set bidding = 3170.37 ,deduction=if((3170.37 < 37.43),0,deduction) where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the entire line if second field has value P

Friends, I have .txt file with 3 millions of rows. File1.txt ABC1|A|ABCD1|XYZ1 ABC2|P|ABCD2|XYZ2 ABC3|A|ABCD3|XYZ3 ABC4|P|ABCD4|XYZ4 If second field has value P then print the entire line. Thanks in advance for your help, Prashant (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace entire line

I want to replace one line from my configuration file with the new settings. The file Name: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf The following line should be replaced with the line mentioned below. LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined LogFormat "\"%h\"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show the entire line using ps

Using the vanilla ps -ef I noticed that the CMD (or command) line gets cut off after 90 characters UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 6020 3822 0 Jun 19 ? 0:01 ./webservd-wdog -r /export/opt/sows/61sp4 -d /export/opt/sows/61sp4/https-logse Googling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SixSigma1978
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script required to extract a specific snippet from the entire file.

Hi, I have a file with the following structure. XXXXX........... YYYYY........... ................. .................. ZZZZZZ...... qwerty_start.............. .................. ................. .................. querty_end................ .............................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abinash
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk to insert a line after a para

hi I am having a file like this ############################## mod1 ( a(ll) , b( c), try(o) , oll(ll) go(oo) , al(ll) mm(al) , lpo(kka) kka(oop) ); mod2 ( jj(ll) , c( kk), try1q(o1) , ofll(lll) gao(oo1) , ala(llaa) mmf(adl) , lddpo(kkad) kkda(oodp) );... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed to replace entire line

Hi, I need to replace an entire mailx line as follows using sed: sed -e 's/<line1>/<newline>/g' <filename> But I am getting comman garbled error since the new line has many special characters. I enclosed allspecial chars in \ but still no use. Can any one help me? Please use code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodhin4
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the entire line with space in between

Hi Folks, I have a report data like the one seen below. FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 04/29) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/04) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/05) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/07) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/12) I need to use each of this lines separately in another for loop like the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract entire stanza using awk?

Hello friends, I have a text file with lot of stanzas with each starting with "O-O-O. Sample file :- 1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 d5 4. cxd5 Nxd5 5. e4 Nxc3 6. bxc3 Bg7 7. Nf3 c5 8. Rb1 O-O 9. Be2 cxd4 10. cxd4 Qa5+ 11. Bd2 Qxa2 12. O-O Bg4 13. Bg5 h6 14. Be3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
8 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)