Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unique values in a row sum the next column in UNIX Post 302907915 by CarloM on Wednesday 2nd of July 2014 11:09:13 AM
Old 07-02-2014
Is your file already sorted?
This User Gave Thanks to CarloM For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating column values with unique id into single row

Hi, I have a table in Db2 with data say id_1 phase1 id_1 phase2 id_1 phase3 id_2 phase1 id_2 phase2 I need to concatenate the values like id_1 phase1,phase2,phase3 id_2 phase1,phase2 I tried recursive query but in vain as the length of string to be concatenated in quite long. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsaravana
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print unique values of a column and sum up the corresponding values in next column

Hi All, I have a file which is having 3 columns as (string string integer) a b 1 x y 2 p k 5 y y 4 ..... ..... Question: I want get the unique value of column 2 in a sorted way(on column 2) and the sum of the 3rd column of the corresponding rows. e.g the above file should return the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amigarus
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of values coming in a row

Hi, my requirement is to sum values in a row. eg: input is: sum,value1,value2,value3,.....,value N Required Output: sum,<summation of N values> Please help me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrGopal666
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in each row of a specific column using awk

Is it possible to remove redundant names in the 4th column? input cqWE 100 200 singapore;singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland;germany .... .... output cqWE 100 200 singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to sum column field from duplicate row/lines

Hello, I am new to Linux environment , I working on Linux script which should send auto email based on the specific condition from log file. Below is the sample log file Name m/c usage abc xxx 10 abc xxx 20 abc xxx 5 xyz ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum specified values (columns) per row

Hello out there, file.txt: comp51820_c1_seq1 42 N 0:0:0:0:0:0 1:0:0:0:0:0 0:0:0:0:0:0 3:0:0:0:0:0 0:0:0:0:0:0 comp51820_c1_seq1 43 N 0:0:0:0:0:0 0:1:0:0:0:0 0:0:0:0:0:0 0:3:0:0:0:0 0:0:0:0:0:0 comp51820_c1_seq1 44 N 0:0:4:0:3:1 0:0:1:9:0:0 10:0:0:0:0:0 0:3:3:2:2:6 2:2:2:5:60:3... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum column values based in common identifier in 1st column.

Hi, I have a table to be imported for R as matrix or data.frame but I first need to edit it because I've got several lines with the same identifier (1st column), so I want to sum the each column (2nd -nth) of each identifier (1st column) The input is for example, after sorted: K00001 1 1 4 3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sargotrons
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match sum of values in each column with the corresponding column value present in trailer record

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to find sum of values from column D through O present in a CSV file and check whether the sum of each Individual column matches with the value present for that corresponding column present in the trailer record. For example, let's assume for column D... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpk
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sum the values in the column using date column

I have a file which need to be summed up using date column. I/P: 2017/01/01 a 10 2017/01/01 b 20 2017/01/01 c 40 2017/01/01 a 60 2017/01/01 b 50 2017/01/01 c 40 2017/01/01 a 20 2017/01/01 b 30 2017/01/01 c 40 2017/02/01 a 10 2017/02/01 b 20 2017/02/01 c 30 2017/02/01 a 10... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Booo
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy columns from one file into another and get sum of column values and row count

I have a file abc.csv, from which I need column 24(PurchaseOrder_TotalCost) to get the sum_of_amounts with date and row count into another file say output.csv abc.csv- UTF-8,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tahir_M
6 Replies
aclsort(3C)															       aclsort(3C)

NAME
aclsort() - sort an Access Control List (JFS File Systems only) SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The routine sorts JFS Access Control List (ACL) entries into the correct order to be accepted by the acl(2) system call. points to a buffer containing ACL entries; if non-zero, indicates that the permissions should be recalculated; and specifies the number of ACL entries in the buffer. sorts the contents of the ACL buffer as follows: Entries will be in order and Entries of type and will be sorted in increasing order by numeric ID. The call will succeed if all of the following are true: There is exactly one entry each of type and There is at most one entry each of type and Entries of type or may not contain duplicate entries. A duplicate entry is one of the same type containing the same numeric id, irrespective of permission bits. If the argument is zero and there are no entries of type and no entries of type the permissions of the and entries must be the same. If there are no entries of type and no entries of type and the entry is specified, then the entry must also be specified, and the permissions of the and entries must be the same. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the return value is 0. If there are duplicate entries, the return value is the position of the first duplicate entry. If there is more than one entry of type or they are treated as duplicate entries, and the return value is the position of the first duplicate entry. For all other errors, the return value is -1. NOTICES
The buffer is sorted by type and ID before checking for any failures. Therefore the buffer is always sorted, even if there is a failure. The position of a duplicate entry returned on failure is not the byte offset of the duplicate entry from its base; rather it refers to the entry number of the duplicate entry within the sorted buffer. Checks will be performed in order of entry type. If there are multiple failures, the failure returned will be the first encountered, for example, if the ACL buffer contains a duplicate entry and does not contain an entry, the return value will be the first duplicate entry. ACLs do not have to be sorted with prior to passing them to acl(2). DEPENDENCIES
is supported only on JFS file systems on the standard HP-UX operating system. AUTHOR
was developed by AT&T. SEE ALSO
acl(2), aclv(5). aclsort(3C)