Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove content present in between specific pattern ? Post 302907895 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 2nd of July 2014 09:06:52 AM
Old 07-02-2014
Hello,

One more solution for same.

Code:
awk '/Policy/ {a++;} {if(a==0){print $0}} {if(a==2){a=0;}}' remove_policy_keyword_check_test121132

Output will be as follows.

Code:
BLAdmins    Server.*
LinuxAdmins    Server.*

NOTE: Where file name remove_policy_keyword_check_test121132 is the Input file name.

Thanks,
R. Singh
"GOD helps those who help themselves."

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list. $ cat fl_list /apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k9cheung
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific pattern header and its content problem facing

Input file: >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 1 Pos: SVAVPQRHHPGGTVFREPIIIPAIPRLVPGWNKPIIIGRHAFGDQYRATDRVIPGPGKLE LVYTPVNGEPETVKVYDFQGGGIAQTQYNTDESIRGFAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMSTKNTI LKRYDGRFKDIFQEIYESTYQKDFEAKNLWYEHRLIDDMVAQMIKSEGGFVMALKNYDGD >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 2 Pos: FAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/perl command to delete specific pattern and content above it...

Hi, Below is my input file: Data: 1 Length: 20 Got result. Data: 2 Length: 30 No result. Data: 3 Length: 20 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove duplicate content and only keep the first content detail

Input data_10 SSA data_2 TYUE data_3 PEOCV data_6 SSAT data_21 SSA data_19 TYUEC data_14 TYUE data_15 SSA data_32 PEOCV . . Desired Output data_10 SSA data_2 TYUE data_3 PEOCV data_6 SSAT data_19 TYUEC (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK to remove lines that matches a specific pattern

Hi, I have requirement that I need to split my input file into two files based on a search pattern "abc" For eg. my input file has below content abc defgh zyx I need file 1 with abc and file2 with defgh zyx I can use grep command to acheive this. But with grep I need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove last text of a file that have specific pattern

Input file matrix-remodelling_associated_8_ aurora_interacting_1_ L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B_ . . Output file matrix-remodelling_associated_8 aurora_interacting_1 L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace the content of specific pattern

Input file: __<name>AWEETET</name> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="2@#">QEWQE</name> __<name>QWE048</name> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="570">@#@$#545</name> ____<name_evidence="2"_type="351">QWE4</name> Desired output: __<tmp>AWEETET</tmp> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="2@#">QEWQE</name>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Moving of file content to another two files after searching with specific pattern

Hello, Please help me with this!! Thanks in advance!! I have a file named file.gc with the content: 1-- Mon Sep 10 08:53:09 CDT 2012 2revoke connect from FR2261; 3delete from mkt_allow where grantee = 'FR2261'; 4grant connect to FR2261 with '******'; 5alter user FR2261 comment... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove mutiple values from specific pattern, leaving a single value

In the awk below I am trying to remove all instances after a ; (semi-colon) or , (comma) in the ANN= pattern. I am using gsub to substitute an empty string in these, so that ANN= is a single value (with only one value in it the one right after the ANN=). Thank you :). I have comented my awk and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
dump(n) 																   dump(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
dump - Dump information about Tcl interpreter in TkCon SYNOPSIS
dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The dump command provides a way for the user to spit out state information about the interpreter in a Tcl readable (and human readable) form. It takes the general form: dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? The patterns represent glob-style patterns (as in string match pattern $str). -nocomplain will prevent dump from throwing an error if no items matched the pattern. -filter is interpreted as appropriate for the method. The various methods are: dump command args Outputs one or more commands. dump procedure args Outputs one or more procs in sourceable form. dump variable args Outputs the values of variables in sourceable form. Recognizes nested arrays. The -filter pattern is used as to filter array ele- ment names and is interepreted as a glob pattern (defaults to {*}). It is passed down for nested arrays. dump widget args Outputs one or more widgets by giving their configuration options. The -filter pattern is used as to filter the config options and is interpreted as a case insensitive regexp pattern (defaults to {.*}). SEE ALSO
idebug(n), observe(n), tkcon(1), tkcon(n), tkconrc(5) KEYWORDS
Tk, console, dump COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Jeffrey Hobbs <jeff at hobbs.org> TkCon 2.5 dump(n)