Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find biggest values on replicates Post 302907878 by CarloM on Wednesday 2nd of July 2014 07:56:59 AM
Old 07-02-2014
How are you determining which is 'biggest'? It's not clear from your example.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk Usage in GB and Unix command to find the biggest file/folder

Hi All, Please help me out 1) Command to find the disk usage in GB. I know that du -k will give in kilobites. 2) How to find the Biggest file/folder in a given set of files/folders. Thanks in advance Regards, Manas (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find values between values in two different fields

Hi, I need help to find values between two different fields based on $6 (NUM) AND $1 (CD), within the same ID. The result should show the values between the NUMs which will be extracted from within $3 and $2 in data.txt file below. data.txt ex 139 142 Sc_1000004 ID 4 CD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find biggest number inside file

Hi, I wanna find the biggest number inside of a file this is kind of example of file: 9 11 55 then i just wanna print out the biggest number i had try sed filenale | sort -k1,1n | paste -s -d',' - but i had no success ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find biggest word in a file....?

With any cmd like sed grep ask etc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sidpatil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output minimum and maximum values for replicates ID

Hi All I hope that someone could help me! I have an input file like this, with 4 colum(ID, feature1, start, end): a x 1 5 b x 3 10 b x 4 9 b x 5 16 c x 5 9 c x 4 8 And my output file should be like this: a x 1 5 b x 3 16 c x 4 9 What I would like to do is to output for each ID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find smallest between replicates ID

Hi All I need to find the smallest values between replicates id (column1) Input file: a name1 1200 a name2 800 b name1 100 b name2 150 b name3 4output: a name2 800 b name3 4 Do you have any suggestion? Thank you! (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find larger on replicates and output

Hi All I have a question. I have a file like this: 10 name1 ID1 value1 value2 valueN.. 31 name2 ID1 value1 value2 valueN.. 20 name3 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. 23 name4 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. 33 name5 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. 45 name6 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. well, my output... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge row based on replicates ID

Dear All, I was wondering if you may help me with an issue. I would like to merge row based on column 1. input file: b1 ggg b2 fff NA NA hhh NA NA NA NA NA a1 xxx a2 yyy NA NA zzz NA NA NA NA NA a1 xxx NA NA a3 ttt NA ggg NA NA NA NA output file: b1 ggg b2 fff NA NA hhh NA NA NA NA NA... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
FRONTEND-SPEC(7)														  FRONTEND-SPEC(7)

NAME
frontend-spec - interface between jw and its frontends DESCRIPTION
jw(1) calls frontends like frontends/docbook to get the informations specific to a given input format. The frontend knows which information to return from the first command line parameter. It gets all necessary data via environment variables ready to use. This document describes that command line parameter and those environment variables. The frontend should return 0 if there weren't any problem, and return a positive value otherwise. VARIABLES
$1 The command line parameter, specifying which information to return. It can take the following values: centralized-catalog The frontend must return the DTD-specific centralized catalog name. Centralized catalogs normally reside in /etc/sgml and provide the location of all the catalog files useful for handling this input type (the catalog for the DTD, the catalog for the stylesheets, the catalog for the entities, ...) style-sheet The frontend must return the filename of the style sheet to be used for this document type and with the chosen backend. SGML_CATALOGS_DIR The directory where the centralized catalogs reside. It is normally /etc/sgml. (This variable is valid only while determining the centralized catalog to use.) SGML_BASE_DIR The base directory of the SGML system. It is normally /usr/share/sgml. (This variable is valid only while determining the style sheet to use.) SGML_FILE The name of the file to convert. (This variable is valid only while determining the centralized catalog to use.) SGML_TYPE The type of the backend to use, whether it produces output files to be displayed online or to be printed out. It can take the value html or print. (This variable is valid only while determining the style sheet to use). SGML_STYLESHEETS The desired custom stylesheet type, either none or default. If none, the frontend must return the file name of the style sheet pro- vided by the system beneath the docbook-utils. If default, the frontend must return the custom stylesheet provided by the docbook- utils. (This variable is valid only while determining the style sheet to use). SGML_XML The metalanguage of the file to convert, either sgml or xml. (This variable is valid only while determining the centralized catalog to use). FILES
SEE ALSO
backend-spec(7) AUTHORS
Jochem Huhmann <joh@revier.com> 05 February 2003 FRONTEND-SPEC(7)