Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sftp - Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer Post 302907777 by CarloM on Tuesday 1st of July 2014 04:39:05 PM
Old 07-01-2014
It does sound like the Windows equivalent of hosts.allow/deny. I've no idea what that is, though...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection reset by peer

:confused: HI, We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX. The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF. How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer". while the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyalush
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - connection reset by peer

I use ssh to work on the server (OS X 10.4.x) remotely from home (Debian / OS X 10.5.3). If I leave my machine idle, I get disconnected after a couple of minutes. I get the following error message: Read from remote host "server name": Connection reset by peer Connection to "server name" closed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osxhawk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

connection reset by peer on freebsd

hi all. am running postgresql in a vm on debian server. i have some client programs connecting to the db. when i check the logs of postgresql i see "connection reset by peer" can someone help me with this issue... thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I get this error when I log in through console: "fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer". Can you tell me what this is and why it happens, and how to stop it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: Connection reset by peer

I have created a script to cat the contents of a log file and pipe it to head and tail so I can get specific lines. When I do this I sometimes randomly get the error "cat: write error: Connection reset by peer". It is completely sporatic and sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer [preauth]

Hello, I have recently updated my AIX machine from version 6.1.7.5 to 6.1.9.1 and i noticed that the errpt of the server is full of ssh messages like the one below: sshdprocess_id>]: fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer Does anyone knows if this a known bug of the ssh... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
15 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can't SSH - Connection reset by Peer

Hi Guys, I can't SSH to a remote system - connection reset by peer..any ideas ? -The Source is Linux, the Remote is Windows -The remote has OpenSSH running on Port 22 - Telnet confirms port is open -User1 has a RSA2 Key (2048) key, which is capture in the 1010101-pub.key specified by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer send: spawn id exp4 not open while executing

Hi All, I am having an issue with my script which I am using to get files from a remote server. In my script I am going to server:- REMOTESERVER and directory:- /Interface/Upload, and then getting files from there to my local server directory:- /ftp/jail_nextview_LMS/home/nextview_LMS/outbox. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hero6438
1 Replies
YPSERV.ACL(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						     YPSERV.ACL(5)

NAME
ypserv.acl -- ypserv(8) configuration file DESCRIPTION
The ypserv.acl file controls which hosts can connect to the YP server. The format is more complex than the format for securenet(5). The first two verbs on each line controls if the line will allow or deny access for a host, network (net) or all hosts. The YP server reads the configuration file and build a list in memory. This list is processed from the beginning for every incomming request. As soon a match is found in the list the search terminates and it returns success or failure depending on allow or deny. If no match was found in the list success is returned. If access is denied every call will cause a no such domain error for the caller. Don't forget to allow localhost access if you want the machine running ypserv access it too. There is no default name for this file. Start ypserv with a -a filename to read a file with this format. The following different syntax can be used: < allow|deny > host < hostname|ip-address > If hostname has more than one ip address then all will be added to the list. < allow|deny > net < netname|netnumber > [netmask <netname|netnumber>] If netmask part of the command isn't given then the netmask will be assumed to be a class A, B or C net depending on the net number. < allow|deny > all A line containing one of these commands will always match any host. EXAMPLES
A configuration file might appear as follows: # This is an example of an access control file to be used by ypserv. # # This file is parsed line by line. First match will terminate the check # of the caller. # ########################################################################### # This is the commands that will match a single host # # allow host <hostname|ip-address> # deny host <hostname|ip-address> # # To process hostname gethostbyname is called. If the hostname has # multiple ip-addresses all will be added (I hope). ip-address # processed by inet_aton. allow host localhost deny host jodie ########################################################################### # This is the commands that will match a network # # allow net <netname|netnumber> [netmask <netname|netnumber>] # deny net <netname|netnumber> [netmask <netname|netnumber>] # # To process netname getnetbyname is called, and inet_aton is used for # netnumber. inet_aton both access numbers as 255.255.255.0 and 0xffffff00. # # If netmask isn't given the parser will assume netmask from the first bits # of the network number. So if the network is subneted the you have to add # the netmask. In my case I've got the network 139.58.253.0 at home so too # allow any of my computers to talk with the server I need the following # line # allow net mojathome netmask 255.255.255.0 ########################################################################### # At last we have a command that will match any caller: # # allow all # deny all # # reject all connections deny all FILES
/var/yp/ypserv.acl A ypserv(8) configuration file. SEE ALSO
yp(8), ypserv(8), securenet(5) AUTHOR
Mats O Jansson <moj@stacken.kth.se> BSD
July 2, 1994 BSD