Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complicated string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complicated string Post 302907648 by Chubler_XL on Monday 30th of June 2014 05:15:37 PM
Old 06-30-2014
Yes, output is not written unless the RE matches. For some reason I thought it was equivalent to this$2=gensub(/[|]/,x,"",$2)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complicated string searching in a file

Hi folks, Following a part of opmn.xml file: <process-type id="OC4J_RiGHTv_PLATOR81" module-id="OC4J"> <environment> <variable id="LD_LIBRARY_PATH" value="/home/ias/v10.1.2/lib" append="true"/> <variable id="SHLIB_PATH"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very complicated script..

I have a script that I need to create tha involves moving files and renaming them(see previous post) Are there any websites with user made shell scripts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocinante
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

More complicated log parsing

Hey Guys, I am trying to grep within a file to find and output certain parts of lines to other file(s). The output files need to have a dynamic file name based on a field in the main log. The problem is that every line of the log is not the same, and often not even similar. To explain... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjug
25 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

complicated(?) grep

Hi all, I need help to figure out this grep. I would like to search all files in a directory for the occurrence of abc AND xyz. I started with this: grep -i abc * | grep xyz But this only returns lines which contain both values on the same line. So I am thinking that I need to do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khearnen
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort complicated two fields

Hi experts, I am trying sort command with my data but still not getting the expected results. For example, I have 5 fields data here c,18:12:45,c,c,c d,12:34:34,d,d,d a,13:50:10,a,a,a b,13:50:50,b,b,b a,13:50:50,a,a,a b,14:10:01,b,b,b c,10:12:45,c,c,c I want to get ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seems Complicated but would b happy if its possible

Hey guys, I m here again with (may b) a silly query n sorry for that, I am new to UNIX n all so don't kno much @ it. Thro' a script I am generating an output (It is a TXT file) After generating it, I get it to windows n mails it by dragging n dropping it in lotus mail new mail window. Is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated search within file

Hi, I have following problem. I have a file with time stamps and some data describing what happened between time stamps. Something like this: 10:00 meeting with K meeting with L 11:00 lunch 12:00 work with K 13:00 From this file I have to get a file with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmike
7 Replies

8. Linux

Complicated Join command!

Hi I have a serious issue when trying to join to files so I have two files, one for meals and one for people Meal1:Turkey:Potato Chips:Twinkie:Coke:5.95 Meal2:Ham & Cheese:Doritos:Cookie:Sprite:6.49 Meal3:Vegetarian:Cheese Crackers:Brownie:Pepsi:5.75 Meal4:Tuna:Cheese Puffs:Eclair:Diet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ehshi1992
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated alias command

hi guys i m making one alias which will set variable , invoke sqlplus and also set prompt of sqlplus,,i have made successfully upto invoking sqlplus in unix but cant pass command in sqlplus here is the command alias sett='export ORACLE_SID=devdb2;sqlplus system/system@test' now this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris? Is it really this complicated?

Hello Everybody, I am a mid-level Linux administrator trying to get a hold of Solaris. So far, my experience has been painful. I think it's confusing and it's just a big mess... To be more specific, I have noticed that whenever I install a package... it never followed a specific pattern.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EssenceNY
4 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)