Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Conditional Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Conditional Script Post 302907575 by Makarand Dodmis on Monday 30th of June 2014 07:50:44 AM
Old 06-30-2014
try
Code:
dos2unix update.sh update.sh

then run the script
Code:
update.sh 1

This User Gave Thanks to Makarand Dodmis For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a script using the case conditional

hello, i am a newbie who is just starting to use liunx, and I need to accept a string from the terminal and use case to echo a suitable message if the string doesn't have at least 10 characters. Also, how would I do the same thing using expr? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerstr1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion over a small conditional script

Hi, I was going through a file containing hundreds of lines of codes having conditional statement written as: log() { echo $@ } num=$(/usr/bin/rsh <one_machine> -l root 'ls -d /home/user/db* 2> /dev/null' | wc -w) (( num > 0 )) && log "db info:" so,if here the return value(stored in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Date Script

I am learning Unix for the first time. I am playing around with my default profile file to add some script in the KSH. The time format is GMT and I am in eastern time zone. I am trying to script some greetings based upon the time of day using the IF/ELIF conditions. I am getting errors. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpd259
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for conditional execution

Below is my shell script. I am trying to execute two different BTEQ scripts depending on the day of the week. So on a saturday I will execute a certain BTEQ script and on other weekdays I will run the other script. #!/bin/ksh dt=`date +"%a"` if then bteq > final_output <<- EOF .run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mihirjani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script conditional execution when CPU Idle > 60%

I need a shell script that will monitor a few conditions and not execute until the these conditions are met. The problem I'm having is that I can not perform a database snapshot (backup) of a sybaseIQ database unless the CPU Status Idle % is above 60% or the snapshot (backup) fails. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pancona99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional search and delete using SED / Shell script

Hi, I want to perform a conditional search and remove my search string. Input string: "abcdaabcadgfaarstab" Character to search: "a" Condition: Remove all "a" in the input string except if it is "aa" Output string: "bcdaabcdgfaarstb" Can you please help me in this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dominiclajs
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Execution of a Script.

I have a unix shell script Test.sh more Test.sh echo "Calling dbquery1.sh...." ./dbquery1.sh echo "Calling dbquery2.sh...." ./dbquery2.sh more dbquery1.sh sqlplus -s user1/password1@DB_SID @/tmp/storedprocedures/Hello.rcp I run Test.sh However, I do not want dbquery2.sh to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Smarter conditional script with Table

Hi, currently I have a script with conditional checking. But it's not flexible to use, because i must create a more conditional script if there are more keyword (see table) required. Question is: Can I create a more smarter script that will be more flexible? I appreciate any help anyone can give... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add conditional check of whether a process is running before doing rest of script?

Hi, I'm looking at doing a cron job for a script that could take a very short time to complete or a very long time to complete based on variable activity on a server. I don't want to do a weird schedule, but I don't want to be so aggressive that the process attempts to start before another... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with conditional clauses for script output

Hello. I am new this site as well as new to shell scripting and this is my first form... Please help me with the following shell script. I am executing a shell script to run every 15 min (scheduled in cronjob) and it gives an output in an output file which is e-mailed. CONCCOUNT=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jamessteevens
1 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)