Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gui to command line
Operating Systems Solaris Gui to command line Post 302907546 by bharats08 on Sunday 29th of June 2014 11:59:57 PM
Old 06-30-2014
Gui to command line

Hi,

I am asked to invoke table menu via command line , after that i need to select option in the table menu like REPORT, STATUS ...

After login in to server , I am entering “yct”. It brings me a table with lot of option , I need to scroll down and then select “Report “ which display the report,
is it possible to convert this in to single command

Table menu would be like this
Code:
==================================================
YCT TABLE MENU 
====================================================

DAILY STATUS

WEEKLY STATUS

DATE

HELP
=====================================================

Last edited by vbe; 06-30-2014 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Possible GUI to Command-Line Interface Translator?

I was chatting with my teacher on how this could be a great tool for admins who are making the switch from GUI to CLI administration. I'm wondering, does this kind of tool exist? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daemon-Killer
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

4. Linux

Only the terminal(command screen) no GUI, for Windows XP ???

Hi All, Am working in a major IT company, due to security issues, being a fresher am not allowed to install or asking for a specific business reason to install it in my system. The thing is i want to learn Linux, due to the same security issues we need Admin pass to install certain... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_ganapathy
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

6. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Command to turn off or GUI

What command turns GUI off and on in Solaris 10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to start gui from Solaris command line?

Hi. I'm a Solaris newbie. I'm using Solaris SunOS Version 11.4.0.15.0 through Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager on Windows. When I start the VM, I get to a command line I can login to. I've tried using: /usr/dt/bin/dtconfig -e However, I receive error "No such file or directory". The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRD
3 Replies
mitem_value(3X) 														   mitem_value(3X)

NAME
mitem_value - set and get menu item values SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int set_item_value(ITEM *item, bool value); bool item_value(const ITEM *item); DESCRIPTION
If you turn off the menu option O_ONEVALUE (e.g., with set_menu_opts or menu_opts_off; see menu_opts(3X)), the menu becomes multi-valued; that is, more than one item may simultaneously be selected. In a multi_valued menu, you can used set_item_value to select the given menu item (second argument TRUE) or deselect it (second argument FALSE). RETURN VALUE
The function set_item_value returns one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_REQUEST_DENIED The menu driver could not process the request. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), menu(3X). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. mitem_value(3X)