Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX - how to send attach excel in mail Post 302907427 by newbieabc on Friday 27th of June 2014 06:23:44 PM
Old 06-27-2014
Hi CarloM,
Sorry for the inconvenience,
It doesn't produce any error. but outputs are in single column, doesn't intended in Excel.

Here is my sample code:

Code:
ls -ltr /home/$USER >~/log.csv
sed 's/$/\r/' <~/log.csv >~/log1.csv
uuencode log1.csv log.csv >report
mail -s "Report" #email_id# <report

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach an excel file/ dat file thru unix mails

Hi. I want to attach a .xls or .dat file while sending mail thru unix. I have come across diff attachments sending options, but allthose embeds the content in the mail. I want the attachement to be send as such. Please help me out. regards Diwakar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diwakar82
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to send mail form unix to other mail accounts.

Using Mailx command i.e mailx -s "subject" chinni@hotmail.com < \tmp\chin this command executed sucessfully but not able to receive the mail in chinni@hotmail.com please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file & send mail thru script

In shell script how can I attach a file and send a mail. suppose if I written like the following way usr/bin/mail 'subject" "mail_id" < file. a mail goes to the mail-id with the content of file.But I want the file to be atttached to the mail.How can I get it.is there any way for this. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email with attachment in form of excel in unix

Hi, I have a shell script which send email with an attachment in the form of an email. However, the when I open the attachment, all the data comes in one column. How do I format the data in the excel sheet while sending the email? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdebroy
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert the data into excel sheet and send mail using 'mailx' command

Hi all I have a shell script that uses a stored proc to generate output from some tables and send the same in an e-mail using mailx command. Now I need to convert the output to excel format and send e-mail. How can I achieve this. Please help me in this regard, as it's very urgent and I have been... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanbabu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX -> send data as excel in seperate cells

Hi I have a data file in UNIX as follows. I need to send this file in Mail as excel format. but the problem i face is i get the data all in single cells per row. what can i do to get the data in seperate cells. File -> attachment.xls data data data data data1 data1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vj8436
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to attach an excel file in a multipart (mime) mail

Hello. I need to send mails from hp-ux with 2 attachments: a text file and an excel file. So I'm composing a mime file which I will pipe to sendmail utility. This works fine if the only attachment is the text file (i use cat command to attach text content). But I have problems with the format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcampio
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach multiple file to send mail command

Hi, i want color effect on mail as well as multiple attachment.I have code but this code is used for single attachment. I am unable to attach more than one file.:wall: I want to send two attachments -ahmed.csv and ahmed1.csv . Sample content: <html> <body> <b> Hi...</b> </body> </html> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies
SHAR(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SHAR(1)

NAME
shar -- create a shell archive of files SYNOPSIS
shar file ... DESCRIPTION
The shar command writes a sh(1) shell script to the standard output which will recreate the file hierarchy specified by the command line op- erands. Directories will be recreated and must be specified before the files they contain (the find(1) utility does this correctly). The shar command is normally used for distributing files by ftp(1) or mail(1). EXAMPLES
To create a shell archive of the program ls(1) and mail it to Rick: cd ls shar `find . -print` | mail -s "ls source" rick To recreate the program directory: mkdir ls cd ls ... <delete header lines and examine mailed archive> ... sh archive SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), tar(1), uuencode(1) HISTORY
The shar command appeared in 4.4BSD. BUGS
The shar command makes no provisions for special types of files or files containing magic characters. The shar command cannot handle files without a newline (' ') as the last character. It is easy to insert trojan horses into shar files. It is strongly recommended that all shell archive files be examined before running them through sh(1). Archives produced using this implementation of shar may be easily examined with the command: egrep -v '^[X#]' shar.file BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD