Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX - how to send attach excel in mail Post 302907371 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of June 2014 11:45:11 AM
Old 06-27-2014
It's also possible that you forgot to add carriage returns to your file before you sent it. Windows/Excel expects these, it will not see \n by itself as an indicator of a new line. To add them to a file:

Code:
sed 's/$/\r/' < input.csv > output.csv

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach an excel file/ dat file thru unix mails

Hi. I want to attach a .xls or .dat file while sending mail thru unix. I have come across diff attachments sending options, but allthose embeds the content in the mail. I want the attachement to be send as such. Please help me out. regards Diwakar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diwakar82
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to send mail form unix to other mail accounts.

Using Mailx command i.e mailx -s "subject" chinni@hotmail.com < \tmp\chin this command executed sucessfully but not able to receive the mail in chinni@hotmail.com please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file & send mail thru script

In shell script how can I attach a file and send a mail. suppose if I written like the following way usr/bin/mail 'subject" "mail_id" < file. a mail goes to the mail-id with the content of file.But I want the file to be atttached to the mail.How can I get it.is there any way for this. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email with attachment in form of excel in unix

Hi, I have a shell script which send email with an attachment in the form of an email. However, the when I open the attachment, all the data comes in one column. How do I format the data in the excel sheet while sending the email? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdebroy
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert the data into excel sheet and send mail using 'mailx' command

Hi all I have a shell script that uses a stored proc to generate output from some tables and send the same in an e-mail using mailx command. Now I need to convert the output to excel format and send e-mail. How can I achieve this. Please help me in this regard, as it's very urgent and I have been... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanbabu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX -> send data as excel in seperate cells

Hi I have a data file in UNIX as follows. I need to send this file in Mail as excel format. but the problem i face is i get the data all in single cells per row. what can i do to get the data in seperate cells. File -> attachment.xls data data data data data1 data1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vj8436
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to attach an excel file in a multipart (mime) mail

Hello. I need to send mails from hp-ux with 2 attachments: a text file and an excel file. So I'm composing a mime file which I will pipe to sendmail utility. This works fine if the only attachment is the text file (i use cat command to attach text content). But I have problems with the format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcampio
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach multiple file to send mail command

Hi, i want color effect on mail as well as multiple attachment.I have code but this code is used for single attachment. I am unable to attach more than one file.:wall: I want to send two attachments -ahmed.csv and ahmed1.csv . Sample content: <html> <body> <b> Hi...</b> </body> </html> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies
obd2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual							obd2csv(1)

NAME
obd2csv - Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files SYNOPSIS
obd2csv [ options ] DESCRIPTION
Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files OPTIONS
-o|--out <output filename> Output to this .csv file -d|--db <database> Work from logs stored in this database file -s|--start <time> Only dump rows more recent than this -e|--end <time> Only dump rows older than this -z|--gzip gzip compress output using zlib [if available] -v|--version Print out version number and exit. -h|--help Print out help and exit. NOT OPTIONS
These options aren't intended for end-users, they're for the GUI. -p|--progress Print out progress. It will occasionally print a number in the range [0..100], indicating progress percentage. SEE ALSO
obdgpslogger(1), obd2kml(1), obd2gpx(1), obdsim(1), obdgui(1), obdlogrepair(1) AUTHORS
Gary "Chunky Ks" Briggs <chunky@icculus.org> obd2csv(1)