Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unable to access CentOS setup Network Configuration after attempting Python update Post 302907350 by fpmurphy on Friday 27th of June 2014 10:30:49 AM
Old 06-27-2014
Python is the default system administration scripting language in Fedora and downstream. If you just updated Python and do not update all the components that use python, you can expect lots of stuff to break. Not just yum and system-config-network-tui.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to setup network,urgent help needed!!

Hi all, I just bought a new system, but am unable to configure network on it.. am using a nge0 ethernet interface to login. i've tried all i knew but not of the webpages seem to open. Here is what i've done.. ifconfig nge0 plumb ifconfig -a (nge0) was being displayed as up and running. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
23 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to access open solaris across the network.

Hi Everyone, I have installed open solaris 10 on one of the x86 machines available but inspite of configuring the IP i am unable to access the machine through the network. Can anyone please help me wih the settings required to access the machine across the network.Its really Urg..Any help is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
13 Replies

3. Linux

How i can setup socks 5 in CentOS?

how i can setup socks 5 in centos? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hesamii
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

How i can setup socks 5 in CentOS?

how i can setup socks 5 in centos? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hesamii
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Unable to access web application hosted in same network

All, I have various web applications hosted in a client network. These web apps are accessed through a Apache web server. We have deployed a new web application server and it is not serviced through the Apache web server. So i am unable to access this applications. But i am able to access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

DNS Server Setup Centos 6.5 Issues

I am having a bit of trouble getting my CENTOS 6.5 DNS server to work correctly in our testlab environment. Lab network is 10.8.0.0/24 in which we all access from 10.7.0.0.0/24 && 10.0.0.0/24. Here are my configs: options { listen-on port 53 { 127.0.0.1; 10.8.0.19;}; #listen-on-v6 port 53 {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem Openvas-setup in CentOs 6.7 !

hi I installed Openvas we have the following problem internet Connection is Ok Even Reinstall the problem is not resolved Openvas Setup, Version: 0.5 Step 1: Update NVT's and SCAP data Please note this step could take some time. Once completed, NVT's and SCAP data will be updated... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue setup Transparent proxy and Gateway using Squid on CentOS 7

Hello, We are migrating our gateways from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 and for setting up a transparent proxy using squid and Firewalld i am using below configuration. #Firewalld configurations firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-forward-port=port=80:proto=tcp:toport=3128:toaddr=LAN_IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
4 Replies

10. Linux

Not able to setup CentOS 7 as gateway [Using squid proxy]

Hello, Did anyone setup a CentOS7 as a gateway (with squid transparent proxy). I am trying to do so but not able to setup. I setup squid , iptables (using it instead of firewalld) and all the necessary IPtables rules but nothing work. It work previously but access.log of squid not getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
4 Replies
yum-updatesd.conf(5)					  yum-updatesd configuration file				      yum-updatesd.conf(5)

NAME
yum-updatesd.conf - Configuration file for yum-updatesd(8). DESCRIPTION
yum-updatesd uses a configuration file at /etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf. Additional configuration information is read from the main yum.conf (5) configuration file. PARAMETERS
There is one section in the yum-updatesd configuration file, main, which defines all of the global configuration options. [main] OPTIONS The [main] section must exist for yum-updatesd to do anything. It consists of the following options: run_interval Number of seconds to wait between checks for available updates. updaterefresh Minimum number of seconds between update information refreshes to avoid hitting the server too often. emit_via List of ways to emit update notification. Valid values are `email', `dbus' and `syslog'. do_update Boolean option to decide whether or not updates should be automatically applied. Defaults to False. do_download_deps Boolean option to decide whether or not updates should be automatically downloaded. Defaults to False. do_download_deps Boolean option to automatically download dependencies of packages which need updating as well. Defaults to False. MAIL OPTIONS
email_to List of email addresses to send update notification to. Defaults to `root@localhost'. email_from Email address for update notifications to be from. Defaults to `yum-updatesd@localhost'. SYSLOG OPTIONS
syslog_facility What syslog facility should be used. Defaults to `DAEMON'. syslog_level Level of syslog messages. Defaults to `WARN'. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf SEE ALSO
yum-updatesd(8) yum.conf(5) Jeremy Katz yum-updatesd.conf(5)